Discuss Honeywell G4 - Internal Speaker Volume in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

I've just replaced an old alarm system with a Honeywell G4. I've noticed that the internal speaker is much louder when the bell strobe is on.

For instance, if I turn the strobe on in the engineering mode when I press the button the keypad beeps through the speaker are considerably louder.

Any ideas? Is this normal?

I've read up and L/S seems to refer to the speaker connectors. It appears that polarity doesn't normally matter so not sure why the speaker is significantly louder when the bell strobe is flashing (if it was quieter I'd be thinking that could be due to a sighpower drain.)They seem to be unrelated parts of the system so I'm just worried there's a short in the wiring.

I've read up and L/S seems to refer to the speaker connectors. It appears that polarity doesn't normally matter so not sure why the speaker is significantly louder when the bell strobe is flashing (if it was quieter I'd be thinking that could be due to a sighpower drain.)They seem to be unrelated parts of the system so I'm just worried there's a short in the wiring.
me thinks you need to have some one to have
a look at it .

So it's normal for the volume of key presses and everything else to increase when turning on the strobe in test mode? I haven't tested whether the same thing happens when the bell is activated (too late now to test).

If it's just a cost-cutting hard-wired "feature" then I'm fine with that. Just wanted to make sure.

Reply to Honeywell G4 - Internal Speaker Volume in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net