Discuss Hooking up inverter to alternator advisable in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

swc

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I am interested in converting my Citoren relay to a campervan. In order for this to happen legally (DVLA requirements) I must have either a gas/electric cooker permantly fixed to the van.

I prefer to use electric over gas because I can do it myself and it's less explosive.

Is the alternator designed to sustain heavy loads?

I am planning on using a 3kw - 4kw inverter for my 2.3kw (10A @230) cooker.

Also advise on lesuire/agm batteries will be appreciated

Please help before I spend best part of 1k and end up with 3 very heavy paper weights.

Last edited:
Hi,the power requirement of that oven is onerous,and unnecessary.

You could use a suitably sized generator,if you want to desperately to use the mains oven,but it will murder any DC kit.

LPG is the way to go,for an oven. I have done a lot of work with the horsebox/camper community,and i am racking my brain for a time i have witnessed or heard of a vehicle spawned roast dinner....they are rare ;)

It's hob for fry-ups,boil in the bag,rice,etc,and these new lower power microwaves for the ready meal rest :)

Reply to Hooking up inverter to alternator advisable in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net