Discuss horstmann electronic 7 not heating water when set up to do so in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

User7

Hi,

I got my boiler control changed last week as the old one stopped working. The current one doesn't seem to be heating the water when I set it a range of times. It does heat the water when the BOOST button is on, but that's not enough for me. I believe I have an immersion heater and I am not on Economy 7 so my electricity rates are the same all day.

My question is: Dose the control somehow know when it is using Economy 7 or it just trusts you that you will set it up to work at the correct time of day?

Hi,

I got my boiler control changed last week as the old one stopped working. The current one doesn't seem to be heating the water when I set it a range of times. It does heat the water when the BOOST button is on, but that's not enough for me. I believe I have an immersion heater and I am not on Economy 7 so my electricity rates are the same all day.

My question is: Dose the control somehow know when it is using Economy 7 or it just trusts you that you will set it up to work at the correct time of day?

Have you flicked the switch to timed?

Hi, I have flicked the switch to timed and no, I haven't asked my engineer as it's my lettings agency that arranged him and he takes ages to response and return calls. I think that either he hasn't connected the timer to the boiler or there is something wrong with the boiler itself.

Reply to horstmann electronic 7 not heating water when set up to do so in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net