Discuss Horstmann Radio Teleswitch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a question to see if anyone knows what the blue and orange button do on the radio teleswitch?
Changed over storage heaters to new ones, like for like swap and they have failed to come on during the night. Connections fine, fuses fine. It leads me back to this radio teleswitch and haven't contacted the supplier yet but hard to believe it's anyway a fault on their end considering it was working before. Wondering if these buttons have created the issue. The blue button swaps the screen from time to date and the orange button appears to do nothing when pressed. Will attach photo. Thanks for any help in advance

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

No load on display, have you energised the CU.? Because that tells me not.The sticker says it not a meter, I use them and they are 5 terminal meters for off peak, either E7 E10, evening weekends etc, and the blue button is for time date and readings. The no load status normally shows if the CU is not energized.

Orange button is for the meter engineer/installer.
When power to meter is re-energised the orange button when pushed will turn on the internal switches (off-peak etc) so that the engineer/installer can carry out tests,
It will turn on the off-peak supply/supplies so that the installer can do polarity tests etc
Orange button is deactivated after a short time
The only way to activate the button is to remove the main fuse, wait for display screen to clear then refit the main fuse

Reply to Horstmann Radio Teleswitch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net