Discuss Hotpoint washing machine with a couple of issues in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Fairly new washing machine with 2 problems.

1. When starting up a new wash, the motor turns the drum slightly. Repeats a few times, then runs as normal. Some form of starter on the motor failing?

2. The washing comes out after the program still wet. There's no puddles on the floor under the machine, or from the drain. Am I right in saying the drain is pumped? therefore pump goosed?

Do I replace a number of parts and maybe still have problems, or just buy new? Anyone have good recommendations of a washing machine that is user friendly, and lasts a long time

Item 1 may not be a fault. I have a Bosch which appears to try and turn the drum at the start of the program. My best guess is it's using current sensing on the motor to weigh the drum contents in order to establish whether the load is too heavy.

It whines slightly doing it and seems to jiggle from side to side, stops, starts filling and then proceeds with the program.

Item 2 depends on how you define wet. Could be you are selecting an Eco program which saves power by not spinning to damp.

Bosch, buy a proper machine like Miele SC it comes out ironed for you:D

The spin may also be restricted by the machine detecting a heavy unbalanced load as SC says in her post.

Wet clothing could be a blocked waste pump or pipe. You'd be surprised what gets past the drum, hair bands, and those colour catching sheets seem to be favourites.

Reply to Hotpoint washing machine with a couple of issues in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock