Discuss Hourly Rates for employed spark?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondered what the average hourly rate is for a PAYE employed spark.
Ive worked for local government for a few years and they are not the best for good rates of pay. Been offered a start for a private firm for around £13.50/hr. Is this anywhere near the mark??
Not sure if its relevant but this is in North Yorkshire, I know sometimes pay differs through out the country.

13.50 isn't bad I am only on 12.50 paye on the books with a company van and holidays.

I think it mostly depends on where your from and if the company is a jib registered company.

Which is a very sad reflection on the state of the industry, the JIB rate should be the minimum rate an electrician is paid!

Yeah I totally agree with you but unfortunately here in Hull most company's pay around £12hr as I have seen many adverts for jobs and all say £12 some say less.

I think I should be on more but I have to take what I can get in my area.

Companies purposely opt out of being JIB registered so they don't have to pay the rates.
I don't know anyone up in the north east who's paid the JIB going rate.
I'm behind £15 an hour, not too far behind but I certainly don't get that.

I don't think that there is many companies that are JIB anymore I don't think that I know of any in Northampton that are. The rates are mostly determined by supply and demand we've got a very good day rate and the company we sub-contract labour only to keeps on asking if we know any electricians and it seems that any good ones we know of are in work.

Companies purposely opt out of being JIB registered so they don't have to pay the rates.
I don't know anyone up in the north east who's paid the JIB going rate.
I'm behind £15 an hour, not too far behind but I certainly don't get that.
you're mental working for that IMO.From your posts it's clear you know what your up to...wouldn't some kind of managerial position pay more?

Just out of pure interest do any of you guys do sub contracting? Whats the going
rate for a subie using his own van?

I subbied for a company, a couple of years ago. Got £15 an hour, using own van etc. I think I could have got more if I pushed it, but just do my owe stuff now. It was no hassle, but they wanted their pound of flesh.

When considering SE don't forget you would lose holiday and sick pay, and pension contributions.

Make sure you compare apples with Apple's

Reply to Hourly Rates for employed spark?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock