Discuss House Alarm - help please in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

smity

-
Reaction score
I havent long lived in my current house and my upstair's bulb blew this morning and tripped the mcd for the upstairs lights which set my alarm off :confused:

So i inspected further to find the alarm is wired into the upstairs lights mcb shouldn't this be on its own mcb as there is room for one?

If so what amp mcb do i need?

Regards

Hey.

Yeah if theres room for it then put a 6A MCB in to cover the alarm circuit. It would be good to make sure that it only feeds the alarm and nothing else though.

Cheers.

As the alarm sounded when the breaker tripped, doesnt that mean he could do with a service on his panel, with the sounders sounding?. New battery possibly needed...

I havent long lived in my current house and my upstair's bulb blew this morning and tripped the mcd for the upstairs lights which set my alarm off :confused:

So i inspected further to find the alarm is wired into the upstairs lights mcb shouldn't this be on its own mcb as there is room for one?

If so what amp mcb do i need?

Regards

When you say it went off, did the bell box ring or was it just the loss of AC power warning??

what happened is when it tripped the outside bell box went off then when i pushed the mcb up it sounded the siren inside the house and i had to enter the code to shut it up.

what happened is when it tripped the outside bell box went off then when i pushed the mcb up it sounded the siren inside the house and i had to enter the code to shut it up.

That sounds like a new battery is actually required. Basically when the power to your panel is cutthe 12v battery inside the panel then takes over the panel as a backup, but if the battery is dead the bellbox then self activates its internal backup battery, and sounds the alarms. As the internal sounders kicked in once power was restored, this was because of the bellbox already in alarm state, this then triggering the internal sounder..

Last edited by a moderator:
right thanks very much seems i need to get a battery and pop it on its own mcb.

Thanks guys

Reply to House Alarm - help please in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock