Discuss How are you guys deciding on Ring/Radial cable routes? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bidges

-
Reaction score
I'm about to be thrown in at the deep end by being let loose on a customers requests for a 1st fix in an extension before. I anticipate being asked to extend the Ring, lighting and at least one Radial.

Now sticking to pulling cable through the 25-40% length of the joists, do you guys have any preferred paths where you route cables round the house to minimise the length and hassle?

I'm about to be thrown in at the deep end by being let loose on a customers requests for a 1st fix in an extension before. I anticipate being asked to extend the Ring, lighting and at least one Radial.
god help your customer ,there is a lot of thinking how you put in cable runs ,may be you should get some one in with experience to guide you.
it depends on the kitchen lay out sockets and switches and kitchen plans and arct plans.

I'm fine with drilling and notch positions/sizes. It's more that the cable route is normally decided for me, but we're wall to wall at the moment, so I'm heading over to sort the layout on my own and do as much as possible while the other guys are tied up.

Kitchen wise, a cooker point was mentioned, so I'm guessing it's a kitchen/diner & bedroom extension. I'll know more when I've been in and spoken to the customer this week.

It is really going to be a case of suck it and see because different houses throw up different problems. If it is an old house it is likely the boards have been up before so this may be useful. There really is no single solution. Bungalows are a doddle as everything is in the loft space although space is often restricted.

Reply to How are you guys deciding on Ring/Radial cable routes? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net