Discuss how can i take breaker ics rating? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mateen

hi i wanna know that what is the abbreviation of ics and icu? and how can i take my ics rating of the breaker? is there any formula or calcualtion? and i wanna know short circuit rating ics of single pole and tripple breaker ? how can i take it?

[SIZE=+1]Ultimate or rated short-circuit breaking capacity(Icn - EN 60898)A breaking capacity for which the prescribed conditions,according to a specified test sequence donot include the capability of the MCB (Miniature Circuit Breakers) to carry 0.96 times its rated current for the conventional time.Ultimate short-circuit breaking capacity(Icu - EN 60947-2)A breaking capacity for which the prescribed conditions,according to a specified test sequence donot include the capability of the MCB to carry itsrated current for the conventional time.Service short-circuit breaking capacity(Ics - EN 60898)A breaking capacity for which the prescribedconditions according to a specified test sequenceinclude the capability of the MCB to carry 0.96times its rated current for the conventional time.Service short-circuit breaking capacity(Ics - EN 60947-2)A breaking capacity for which the prescribedconditions according to a specified test sequenceinclude the capability of the MCB to carry its ratedcurrent for the conventional time.[/SIZE]

On the front of BS EN 60898 MCBs and 61009 RCBOs you will usually find two sets of figures, one set enclosed in square box and the other in a rectangular box.
The square box, the Ics rating (kA), is the maximum current the device can interrupt and still be serviceable. A fault current above Ics would render the device unserviceable and would need to be replaced.
The rectangular box, the Icn rating (A), the maximum current the device can interrupt safely. A fault current above the Icn rating would be very dangerous and possibly result in an explosion causing major damage to the DB

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to how can i take breaker ics rating? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net