Discuss How do I apply for a JIB Card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

atm-12

-
Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question about the CSCS , 17th edition and JIB cards. I finished college a year ago and have recently been looking at jobs, many of them require a CSCS card , 17th edition and a JIB card.

I think the CSCS is a 1 day course and easy to arrange. I am not sure how I go about getting a JIB card though if anybody could help, I did the NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installation. And about 17th edition, I think I remember at college the tutor saying we should have passed the 17th edition automatically when doing the course because it was the most recent edition, can anyone confirm this because I don't have any certificates for that.

do the ecs H&S exam £35. then submit the pass along with your quals to JIB. google ECS and the info is there.

As your NVQ3 was completed less than 3 years ago you will not be required to take a H&S test for your ECS/JIB card. Not sure if you require 17th Regs as you did your NVQ3 during 17th Edition.

You won't have to do the H and S test as you've got your Nvq 3. The Nvq 3 covers you for 3 years. Just go on the ECS card website and print the application form off. Fill the form in and get a passport photo (you will have to get this photo signed, like you do when you do a passport application). Send this off with a cheque for the correct amount and they will send you your JIB card can take up to 6-8 weeks or you can pay more money do the fast track application and pick your card up on the same day from the jib in Swanley in kent.

Thanks for the help, I will download the application form now. I work on mainly domestic but some farms and commercial so I selected Installation Electrician. Is that the right one?

Thanks for the help, I will download the application form now. I work on mainly domestic but some farms and commercial so I selected Installation Electrician. Is that the right one?
Yes, the Gold card will will have installation electrician written on it, but your JIB grade would be at the bottom left hand corner, the CSCS logo is in sliver at the top.

I had a look at the AM2 exam out of sheer nosiness a couple of weeks ago. There didn't seem to be much in there that we didn't do on Electrical Trainee course. Off memory wiring a motor, and follow the diagram boiler wiring. Is it a waste of time therefore?

I had a look at the AM2 exam out of sheer nosiness a couple of weeks ago. There didn't seem to be much in there that we didn't do on Electrical Trainee course. Off memory wiring a motor, and follow the diagram boiler wiring. Is it a waste of time therefore?
the am2 has been dummed down, it used to have pyro, galv containment etc but now there isnt any of that.

the am2 is taken after the log book is complete at the end of an apprenticeship.

Reply to How do I apply for a JIB Card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net