Discuss How do i wire up this new light? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

How do i rewire up this new light? Unsure were to rewire in the block.puctures beliw

View attachment 40197

View attachment 40198
To make the installation of your new light easier, I would suggest getting an Electrician in, probably an hours work including travel locally, it will save you a lot of heartache, if you try it yourself, you could get into a right mess, the Electrician will do the work safely. Not taking the easy option, I have seen many people get into all sorts of trouble trying to do, what to an Electrician, is a simple job.

As above. If you really want to do it yourself, you first need to learn how the UK loop-in lighting wiring is done.

Once you map that onto what you have in your ceiling it should be a simple matter of wire substitution.
And lucky you, both of your new lights have a spare terminal for the live loop (that's the red wires in your ceiling box).
Who said electrics were easy.

Screenshot 2018-01-11 15.24.16.png

which side of liverpool? can do for ÂŁ45 -ÂŁ65 all in, depending on distance travel.

Woof.Woof.

Reply to How do i wire up this new light? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
Hi, there are 3 bundles of wires coming from my ceiling and I've been told they have been tested with a multimeter and have all got a current but...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm wondering if it's permitted to replace an outside wall light myself if I use the existing wiring from the old light. In theory I just...
Replies
Views
I have a single wall switch powering 1 light and I want to add a separate light and change to wall switch to a double to power them both...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock