Discuss How do you read Regulation 544.1.2? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The new clarification of plastic in 411.3.1.2 (18th) is going to be fun, as all the new supplies I see are yellow plastic till just before the meter.

Should not really answer this as this thread is a mistake but... Plastic is going to be the next big thing. A guru was walking with the people and the people gave him a horse to travel on. Miles along the road he stopped for water. "Guru you have dropped your water ages ago!" -"Why did you not pick it up?" asked the guru. Travelling on some miles later the guru looked at the people behind carrying horse ----. At that point the guru galloped off into the distance away from the madding crowd.
It is these very people that are going to make some mistakes with plastic. Notably gas/water comes in in plastic. No bonding regs says. However the gas/water in copper enters under concrete floors. What then??? Watch the wonders unfold of mental gymnastics!

No bonding regs says. However the gas/water in copper enters under concrete floors. What then??? Watch the wonders unfold of mental gymnastics!
I think the trouble is people get hung up on whether it's water or gas or whatever. As far as the electrical installation is concerned it's irrelevant, the only thing is whether it's an ECP or not so we would just test. If it hits the ground underneath the floor boards and gets a good earth, then it's extraneous again and would need bonding.

Reply to How do you read Regulation 544.1.2? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, Kindly I'd need to know, regarding the regulations for electrical systems in Sweden, whether light switches must be installed in a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I'm designing my new kitchen and trying to plan where things will go. I currently have a 6 switch panel for the appliances (hob...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
Should a steel shed built adjacent to agricultural buildings be considered in an agricultural environment, in terms of cable choice etc.? The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock