• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss How hungry have you been at work????????????????????/ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a thought, whilst working away from home, especially after a hard long day, the usual regime was to go to Hotel get showered, shaved etc, have a few beers and go for some grits. on occasions when we had to work late there was no time for a sluice, just a few beers and then some solids.
One particular day we worked late 6 or 10 beers later the Stomach was asking for solids, what was nearest? well it began with M and sold double cheeseburgers, 10 later along with copious amounts of Coke an 6 apple pies, my guts were satisfied, anyone got any stories?

Every Friday I would go to my favourite curry shop and buy a Bunny Chow. A Bunny Chow is a quarter or half loaf of bread with the inside scooped out and filled with either beef or chicken curry, and the scooped out chunk placed on top. Pork was never used as it was considered unclean by the proprietor.

The “Bunny” was a popular choice in the community, with a quarter loaf as a snack and a half loaf as a meal. Sometimes I would go for beef, other times chicken. You eat it by dipping the chunk into the curry and eating it. When the chunk is finished you eat the remainder, round and round the crust. It’s a bit of a messy meal, with curry sauce dribbling down your chin, best eaten sitting forward to keep your clothes clean.

One Friday I arrived at lunchtime to buy my Bunny. The shop was shut and it had a Public Health proclamation stuck on the door. One of the locals was sitting on a bench nearby,so I asked him in patois “whyfor the shop she was shut? “. He said “The guvmint man he came motorbike check the meat, then plees come take Babu away”

“Oh, the meat it was bad? ” I ask .” No, no, Babu he threw old meat out for the cat and the dog ” Oh, the cat and the dog they got sick?” No, no, when the cat and the dog eat the meat he hit them with stick. “Oh, he was cruel to the animals so they took him?” “No, no, he keel them, with the dog he make beef, with the cat he make chicken.”

With my metabolism I can go all day without eating.
Then other days it’s pies, macD brekkie. A coffee in every wholesalers and a bag of sweets in the van. Coke multipack just inside rear door.

I also carry a few pot noodles in the van along with my “work fork”

No. I don’t eat much during the day.

If i have quite a bit to be getting on with then I can go all day from 8am until 6pm without stopping to eat, just have a 2litre bottle of pepsi max and I am away.
Really should take more time to plan my food but such is life

I tend to live on Aldi porridge pots, Belvitas and water.

I was the same working for myself. Couldn't face breakfast in the morning, no food all day, didn't stop. Got home, have dinner, stuff my face with other crap.

Now I'm working for a company, 10 o'clock break & lunchtime, I take in sensible meals to eat, I even started having cereal breakfast before work. Then evening meal.

Still stuff my face in the evening though. Time for regime change me thinks.

Oohh, when I was a lad, there was a burger van I frequented. The proprietors burgers were true pre cooked hamburgers out of a large round tin about foot high. He'd empty the contents, into container & kept them warm. I introduced my future indoors to them, but she wasn't impressed. They were lovely, lashings of onions & topped with cheese & some mustard. My record was ten, in one sitting.

I tend to go most days without food until the afternoon or evening meal time. Doesn't really bother me most days at all, a good coffee or strong tea in the morning and I'm usually good.

Longest I have been without will have been 5 days at work whilst on a 7 day fast. Was an easyish week doing some carpark pole lighting work so I was fine really apart from a slight dizzyness on Thursday afternoon.

Years ago I was sharing digs and transport with the shop fitters , first day the driver said will will pop in for a pint before going back to the digs, sounds good to me , trouble is a quick pint to them ment about 5! I was wasted before the evening had even started o_O. These days if im out of town i always locate the nearest Toby carvery . Hungry horse or if they are not avaible, then its the Spoons , all cheap good food , also I always keep an emergency pack up in the van of chocolate, crisps and water for when im gridlocked on the motorway. :mad:

I tend to go most days without food until the afternoon or evening meal time. Doesn't really bother me most days at all, a good coffee or strong tea in the morning and I'm usually good.

Longest I have been without will have been 5 days at work whilst on a 7 day fast. Was an easyish week doing some carpark pole lighting work so I was fine really apart from a slight dizzyness on Thursday afternoon.
Nice cat pic in your bio, I never got to see the ones I ate.

i keep a couple of wright's meat and potato pies in van in case of sudden hunger. usually never eat during the day. pint on way home boosts metabolisam as and when required.

Biggest Chinese I ever had was in Belgrade, Novi Hong Kong it was called best Rinky I had ever had, as much as you want for the equivalent of a fiver, all good stuff even got a discount card for regularity, cheap as chips, the Chinese Embassy staff ate there, a brilliant evening, or many was had by all, pity the world doesnt work like that, no more wars, or fights, just go out for a meal, and chew the cud

Biggest Chinese I ever had was in Belgrade, Novi Hong Kong it was called best Rinky I had ever had, as much as you want for the equivalent of a fiver, all good stuff even got a discount card for regularity, cheap as chips, the Chinese Embassy staff ate there, a brilliant evening, or many was had by all, pity the world doesnt work like that, no more wars, or fights, just go out for a meal, and chew the cud
You mean like sparks, plumbers, spreads and chippy's all getting on with each other on a Friday evening after work?

We get a lot of long life food from home sent out to jobs with our materials as some countries eating habits are strange to say the least. So loads of biscuits, crisps, tea, coffee, chocolate bars, pasta, smash potato etc. This all works pretty well although in some of the hotter countries the chocolate bars have been ruined lol.

Long day at work sorting out some comms issues with Telex hardware at Nomura in Milan, the Japanese company I worked for always flew the staff out business class and stuck you in 5 star hotels, well I looked at the menu and the prices and realised that the £15 allowance wasn't going to cover the food so there I was 15 minutes later walking through the foyer of the Savoy in Milan with my bagged up Burger King meal which I devoured in my room with the two small bottle of champagne the stewardess had given me whilst watching Minder in Italian.........

Don't ask about Paris..........

You mean like sparks, plumbers, spreads and chippy's all getting on with each other on a Friday evening after work?
that might work, but only if the plumbers are picking up the tab.

Long day at work sorting out some comms issues with Telex hardware at Nomura in Milan, the Japanese company I worked for always flew the staff out business class and stuck you in 5 star hotels, well I looked at the menu and the prices and realised that the £15 allowance wasn't going to cover the food so there I was 15 minutes later walking through the foyer of the Savoy in Milan with my bagged up Burger King meal which I devoured in my room with the two small bottle of champagne the stewardess had given me whilst watching Minder in Italian.........

Don't ask about Paris..........
Why? What happened in Paris?

Reply to How hungry have you been at work????????????????????/ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back