Discuss How hungry have you been at work????????????????????/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What, with no shrooms - what were you thinking?
Shrooms don’t travel well from Northern Ireland so had to do without :)

On a weekend job I didn't have time for a full English breakfast cause the foremans a swine,So I got on the phone and I authorised them to send me some Holland meat pies.

Those Holland meat pies, the kind that I like, are coming to me on the back of a bike. In a minute or two Deliveroo will be here with my Holland meat pies.

The pies were long overdue so I called back and said, sir why are my pies not here yet. He said your pies were delivered 30 minutes ago. Then the foreman said, will all those waiting for a pie delivery report to the site office across the street. The boss said your pies were here on the desk. Only the plumber has been in and he says he hasn't seen them.

I felt a deep down hunger inside as I knew wetpants was so full of lies. Then straight away I realised he had eaten my Holland meat pies.

Now out on the site they all speculate what's happened to wetpants cause he's in a state. But to those in the know it is no surprise that he's wearing two ebony eyes.

....Now then,my friend...but not for my bride,but my beautiful prize,my wonderful Holland meat pies;)

I am cursed with knowing the words to nearly all of that man's songs....sung a few at a Gypsy wake.

Run them through the PC filter now,and not much left but a handful of pronouns and conjunctives :)

All I do when working away is work, drink, eat. I have never denied myself of the latter two long enough to suffer from their absence :)

Also there is normally some on-site catering or at very least a stocked snack room. Today I went into the welfare cabin to grab a coffee, and came out with 3 kit-kats, a twix and a bag of quavers :cool:

All I do when working away is work, drink, eat. I have never denied myself of the latter two long enough to suffer from their absence :)

Also there is normally some on-site catering or at very least a stocked snack room. Today I went into the welfare cabin to grab a coffee, and came out with 3 kit-kats, a twix and a bag of quavers :cool:
I suppose you would have fainted if you had seen the hair dryer in the bathroom.......

Stop nicking other peoples packed launches.

I used to do some work at the Church Commission who where based next to Westminster Abbey the bonus being free parking in the underground car park (meter days so I claimed for the parking on expenses) and the silver service lunch if I got in on time. Damn the food was good.

JP Morgan have a fantastic subsidised restaurant if you are ever in Cnary Wharf.

JP Morgan have a fantastic subsidised restaurant if you are ever in Cnary Wharf.

Is that one of those restaurants that in between serving the staff, continues to run for walk in public?

Germany is full of such places. All the big companies subsidise staff meals, and outside of staff dining times, anyone is welcome to come in and enjoy the same. Apparently it's more efficient than stopping/starting the kitchen, makes a small profit on the public and as a bonus means that food is always available on site, so anyone working odd hours knows they don't have to break for lunch exactly on cue.

Is that one of those restaurants that in between serving the staff, continues to run for walk in public?

Germany is full of such places. All the big companies subsidise staff meals, and outside of staff dining times, anyone is welcome to come in and enjoy the same. Apparently it's more efficient than stopping/starting the kitchen, makes a small profit on the public and as a bonus means that food is always available on site, so anyone working odd hours knows they don't have to break for lunch exactly on cue.
Yep,

my son loves visiting the offices of Google as they supply their staff with free food all day long and their sushi bar is meant to be amazing.

Reply to How hungry have you been at work????????????????????/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net