Discuss How hungry have you been at work????????????????????/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I used to do some work at the Church Commission who where based next to Westminster Abbey the bonus being free parking in the underground car park (meter days so I claimed for the parking on expenses) and the silver service lunch if I got in on time. Damn the food was good.

JP Morgan have a fantastic subsidised restaurant if you are ever in Cnary Wharf.

Truth be told,we have been subsidising more than their food,for a long time...;)

Truth be told,we have been subsidising more than their food,for a long time...;)

That's a very good point!!

Back in the days when the church used to allow the peasants to farm the land it owned, in return for enough payment to survive and do more farming... All run from a 12 bedroom rectory, fully staffed of course o_O

The lord does indeed move in mysterious, yet highly profitable ways ;)

Yep,i always managed a wry smile,when one of the biggest landowners in the country,has a blue peter type appeal poster,outside one of it's many properties...coz they need our pound coins,for the roof...

Yep,i always managed a wry smile,when one of the biggest landowners in the country,has a blue peter type appeal poster,outside one of it's many properties...coz they need our pound coins,for the roof...

A church near us recently went door to door begging for more money for repairs - the justification being that less people attend to donate during service, so they have reached out to the community....

Nope. If no one is going, then it doesn't need fixing. It needs re purposing. Same as a shop that no longer attracts a flock.

I would have far more patience with such people if they could hold a sustained debate with me about their philosophies. But resorting to 'faith is it's own reward', just doesn't fly with my technical, logical mindset.

Breakfast is normally a pear on the way to site, 1/4 of a melon around 0830, yogurt, home made flapjack and a fresh brew at 1000-ish. Lunch will be the same as what I had for dinner (tea if you’re northern) the evening before. Piece of fruit mid-afternoon

When rustling up my evening meal I make enough for the next day too, eat it cold, or the luxury of a hot lunch if there’s a microwave to hand. Beats stuffing your face with sarnies, crisps and chocolate bars, and is healthy to boot along with keeping energy levels constant throughout the day. Oh, it’s also cheaper than buying snacks from the garage or corner shop

It’s not difficult to eat healthily on site, just requires a little plannng

Yep,

my son loves visiting the offices of Google as they supply their staff with free food all day long and their sushi bar is meant to be amazing.
anybody that eats sushi has got to be a herring short of a shoal. bloody disgusting food. i'd rather eat crocodile feet.

Breakfast is normally a pear on the way to site, 1/4 of a melon around 0830, yogurt, home made flapjack and a fresh brew at 1000-ish. Lunch will be the same as what I had for dinner (tea if you’re northern) the evening before. Piece of fruit mid-afternoon

When rustling up my evening meal I make enough for the next day too, eat it cold, or the luxury of a hot lunch if there’s a microwave to hand. Beats stuffing your face with sarnies, crisps and chocolate bars, and is healthy to boot along with keeping energy levels constant throughout the day. Oh, it’s also cheaper than buying snacks from the garage or corner shop

It’s not difficult to eat healthily on site, just requires a little plannng
so you eat healthy, you live longer. more drain on the pension service and NHS for coffin dodgers. :D:D:D. with me smoking, drinking (in moderation) and eating sirloin steak and chips, i should probably pop my clogs & 80 ish, that gives me another 8 years or so to annoy forum members. :mad::mad::mad::mad:,

When I was living at Home before I was Married my Mum used to make me sarnies, mainly Cheese, nothing bu Cheese, which, as you can guess got monotonousness, so after a while, I told her not to bother as we had a canteen we could go to (all lies) but I was getting cheese bound to the extent that I hated Cheese, I was living in Bath in those days and they had a lovely Market that opened early every day and the bakers shop was epic, 4 Lardy slices buttered every day, I never tired of them, unhealthy, you say, but what a way to go. 4 slices and a couple of pints of Gold top Milk, "Drink a Pinta milk a day" was the Motto, for healthy living in those days, and I worked off the fat during the day.

that reminds me of Paddy the steel erector who was moaning to his mates about having cheese sarnies every day.
one day, he's a bit down in the mouth and says..
"if i get cheese sarnies again tomorrow, I'm going to jump off the 200ft high girder"
sure enough, next day he has cheese sarnies.
he jumps off the high girder and splatts on the ground, deaded.
at the funeral, Mick is talking to his widow and explaining why Paddy had jumped, due to cheese sarnies.

his widow says.......

can't understand it.paddy always made his own sarnies.

that reminds me of Paddy the steel erector who was moaning to his mates about having cheese sarnies every day.
one day, he's a bit down in the mouth and says..
"if i get cheese sarnies again tomorrow, I'm going to jump off the 200ft high girder"
sure enough, next day he has cheese sarnies.
he jumps off the high girder and splatts on the ground, deaded.
at the funeral, Mick is talking to his widow and explaining why Paddy had jumped, due to cheese sarnies.

his widow says.......

can't understand it.paddy always made his own sarnies.
The Old ones are the best Tel

Back to thread......looking at all these new avatars it seems like a few bananas will be all the rage.

so you eat healthy, you live longer. more drain on the pension service and NHS for coffin dodgers. :D:D:D. with me smoking, drinking (in moderation) and eating sirloin steak and chips, i should probably pop my clogs & 80 ish, that gives me another 8 years or so to annoy forum members. :mad::mad::mad::mad:,

So true!

What exactly is the average lifespan of a person who worries about their health vs a person who doesn't care? 2-3 year perhaps. Hardly seems worth a lifetime of worry for an extra few years of incontinence at the end!

And say you get the extra years and they are healthy years... Does that make up for all the times you said no to a drink and a smoke in your 20-30's, and as a result the girl slept with your less uptight friend instead?? You haven't exactly 'lost' 2-3 years if you spent 2-3 years chomping on rare steaks and loved every minute of it...

Not to mention that surely stress worrying about health has an impact on health too :confused:

As a special treat on the weekends at the car factory in Oxford, we'd go to a great nearby breakfast café, have a huge fry up, including black pudding & chips, washed down with a pint of banana milkshake.

There was of course the obligatory 3 pints & a Pukka pie on Friday lunchtime. Ohh and the disgusting fry up week days served up by Johnsons Café, chipolata sausages cooked at 3am & kept warm all day, eggs deep fried to order, hamburgers out of a tin, gallon tea pot topped up with tea & milk, and kept warm in front of an electric fire.

Ladies in T Building served the best crusty cheese or ham rolls, with lashings of butter, for 10 o'clock break. Bought in own grub for lunch. Can't remember what we did for afternoon cuppa, must of starved ourselves.

Fruit, flap jacks, yoghurt. You'd been marched off site, by the Union Convener.

I do treat myself to fish’n’chips when I’m working on Hayling Island as two of my customers there both live within 100 metres of a chip shop and one of the chippies has a patisserie next door...

117BF001-4738-4BB9-AA51-7D06248E42D1.jpeg Well this evening I’ve had a nice taste of tear gas. You can just see the cloud of it wafting about in the picture lol.

Reply to How hungry have you been at work????????????????????/ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net