Discuss How is a generator earthed and given neutral? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What I suggest you do, is go away and work out how these points you have made relate to the matter being discussed:

3 phase generation with Neutral connected to star point.

Single phase transformers.

Earthed American 2 phase power supplies.

Present day unearthed scaffolding.

Your inability to read my post where I advocated the use of an RCD.

My qualifications.

Ah! Straw man walking! Classic desperation!

No, actually, what it 'proves' is that I fully accept you're completely unqualified to comment on matters of electrical safety. And further consolidates my opinion (by dint of the dangerous suggestion you made earlier - that end-users might reasonably construct dangerous contraptions for themselves) that you're a danger to yourself and other people! - The sort of individual that gives Sparks a bad name in fact!

Unfollowing this conversation and the forum generally... Never argue with an idiot it's said; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience! (of stupidity that is!)

Your inability to read my post where I advocated the use of an RCD.

At best disingenuous... I read (and acknowledged) your advocacy. What I take issue with is two things:

i) Your suggestion that end users could/should make such contraptions up for themselves.

ii) Your lack of understanding as to why protective earthing might be relevant to certain situations.

...I require no further education on ANY of the topic you suggest - with the possible exception of scaffolding.

You see, a very long time ago, I actually had to study and qualify in these subjects; that's why they let me spend twelve years at the chalk-face actually TEACHING these (and other) things! And why I even authored the SQA teaching pack for the lighting and electrical Safety unit as delivered to HND TV production students...

I'll leave you to your monkey wrenches!

Ah! Straw man walking! Classic desperation!

No, actually, what it 'proves' is that I fully accept you're completely unqualified to comment on matters of electrical safety. And further consolidates my opinion (by dint of the dangerous suggestion you made earlier - that end-users might reasonably construct dangerous contraptions for themselves) that you're a danger to yourself and other people! - The sort of individual that gives Sparks a bad name in fact!

Unfollowing this conversation and the forum generally... Never argue with an idiot it's said; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience! (of stupidity that is!)
Shame, I was looking forward to your explanation as to how 3 phase generation with star point Neutral relates to providing a Neutral in single phase generators.

Shame, I was looking forward to your explanation as to how 3 phase generation with star point Neutral relates to providing a Neutral in single phase generators.

...Were you? If you were a little brighter - possibly better educated - you'd have understood what I posted earlier. For completeness (and the sake of the hard of thinking) I'll clarify that they don't really 'relate' per se... And that the notion of 'neutral' in a supply derived from a single output coil (such as the secondary of an isolating transformer or the output of a simple generator) is nominal.

I was also quite clear (not that you'd admit it) that I wasn't going to get bogged down in the vagueries of the American split phase system - for the sake of clarity.

I'm sure you're an excellent swimmer and draw superb pictures of Faries when asked - possibly better if you stick to that. Now; do be a good chap and flock the flock off while I figure out how to unsubscribe from this forum!

Hmmm, 12 years at the chalk face teaching how one of the conductors of a single phase generator is made into a Neutral.
Anyone ever mentioned the axiom?
He who can, does.
He who cannot teaches.

Reply to How is a generator earthed and given neutral? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net