Discuss How many ethernet sockets to install? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Ralexx

Hello everyone! Please advice me on that: How many internet sockets would you install in 2 bedroom flat?

The way i have planned is: install one socket with 4 ports on living room, 1 double socket in 1 bedroom, and 1 double socket in second bedroom.

Please advice how would you do it?

The way i have planned is: install one socket with 4 ports on living room, 1 double socket in 1 bedroom, and 1 double socket in second bedroom.
That covers most standard things and is what I'd do.

Is that with the 4 ports in the living room forming a total of 4 circuits, 2 to each of the bedrooms? If so I guess you've selected a place in the L.R. where you anticipate the Internet service will be located and probably where the television might go.
Or is it 8 separate circuits run back to another place? Seen a few places now with a bit of a comms. centre under the stairs or similar (no good in a flat perhaps!).
Either way, I think it is such a good idea to do in new builds and rewires.
If the Internet service is likely to be provided over phone line, depending where the master socket is, I would set that up so the DSL doesn't roam around all of the extension sockets (if any) and is only provided at the one central point and would use cat5e if running any cable for this purpose.

What about install ethernet socket next to every power socket? Would that be a good idea? Or it will look like cowboy job?

^^ next to every socket? major overkill

In our place, we have 1 in each bedroom, 1 in the same panel as each TV point plus 1 in the garage. That seems to have covered all the bases.

Reply to How many ethernet sockets to install? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock