Discuss How Many People on Site? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

Out of interest - how many people do you have on site for installation?

Tiled roofs we have 2 roofers for 3/4 day and a spark for 2, slate roofs we have 3 roofers for a day and a spark for 2 days.

Just 2 of us. Me doing electrics for however long it takes and my partner doing roof work for however long it takes. We then both get the panels up and fitted.

One of our electricians used to be a roofer so only need two Sparks, but we sometime mob the jobs by bringing guys in from our building business.

We have average 3 roofers - 2 sparks per job 9/10 done it the day.
this does chop and change but most cases

at first we where taking 2 days on any roof now we are taking less than 8 hours on any tile. slate / concrete ..

walk in the park now

We have average 3 roofers - 2 sparks per job 9/10 done it the day.
this does chop and change but most cases

at first we where taking 2 days on any roof now we are taking less than 8 hours on any tile. slate / concrete ..

That sounds like us really. If we had someone doing the running and always had 3 roofers we could do it in a day.

No average system is 4kw, either 16pannels or 22, most cable runs are external, start at 8 on the dot and don't do lunch breaks! Basically work like *+*^! But that's only because we have been doing this for quite a while and 1 a day for the last year or so!

Well obviously the rest of us must be lazy ;-). I must admit we rarely do external cable runs, but we've been doing this for 18 months now and can count on one had the number we've got done in one day. Mind you we do faff on making sure the customer is happy with the installation all along and we don't use click fit.

Pan-tile roofs, newish house - 1 day easily.
Slates/Rosemarys etc. - 2 days.

Of course, this all depends on deliveries. For whatever reason, moving a pallet of solar panels from a warehouse to our site seems to be an immensely difficult task.

I picture a scene like one out of Apollo 13 - a room full of baffled and panicked scientists gazing at monitor screens and scratching their heads.

I have two roofers and two electricians on each job and they are finished between 3pm and 5pm depending on size, most ofl our jobs are concrete tiles though so we do get it easy, for the first year it took upto two days so it is a matter of practice to some degree.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a more optimistic note - I positively skip to a tiled house to quote for it - might even be tempted to do Finchy's flash mob :clap:

Reply to How Many People on Site? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net