Discuss How Many People on Site? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cant see how 2 people can do 4kw
Roof and electrical ???

The lads i have working for me have been
Here between 6- 10 years , we used to rewire
Social domestic houses in a day in 2009 we had
3 teams rewiring a property a day. What am
Saying is the employes i have are fast and get there heads
Down. But to do one 4kw in a day between
Two I honestly cant see it ! Every house
Is diffrent cable runs can take a day for one
Person somtimes !!!

Rosemary tiles - piece of cake!!! Fastest roof job we've done in months! 3 broken tiles but 2 were already broken.

For this job - 1 spark for a day and 3 roofers for 6 hours. I have no idea why this one, with awkward cable runs has been done so quickly!

I honestly can't see the need for 3 roofers! We only use k2 or shucko rail! Always sit down with customer at the end of the day etc! Just shocked lol!

Todays job was 22sharp 180's on a slate roof with a platinum 3800 inverter, cable run was external tru stone wall to loft, all shucko rail etc started at 8 finished at 4! No broken or cracked tiles, even replaced the two that were missing befor we got there!

Last edited by a moderator:
All hooks flashed in? How on earth can you do that and the electrics & testing with 2 people? Why no flexi slate MCS states drilling through and filling isn't acceptable. Maybe I've got it wrong ...

Last edited by a moderator:
This all seems very strange, I am sure you all work very hard, but for 2 people to do the work of 4 people in half the time???
Different standards maybe, maybe the 4 man teams always get difficult installs to do?
Maybe the 4 man teams are in each others way, could that be it?
Generally though, in any manual job, those that take their time and are conscientious, their work is to a higher standard.
Also having the right tools for the job helps, and being organised and prepared with the right materials can speed a job up.
My other half always say's "take your time and do the job properly".....:rolleyes2:

4 kw Roof Mounted

Bunglow - 2 men Full Day
House - 2 Men Day and half

Bunglow 4 men - 4-6 hours
House 4 men 5-8 hours

Problem with house's All are diffrent unless its social domestic

2 roofers, 1 spark, me running about making clucking noises!
2 days usually, mainly cos the roofing guys don't have huge experience and I'd rather they do a good job than rush. They're good lads so I'll take the damage on the extra day.

Doing my first install now, me and a friend have clocked up 3 days already - angle grinding the nubs off the pantiles was most of a day! Still two days to go I reckon, and that's before I've even started on changing the metal non-cpc'd light fittings downstairs and in the bathroom! (Part P and MCS assessment combined.)

your first ten installs take twice as long as your second ten which take twice as long as your third ten.

3 days for your first is sensible, glad to see your taking the trouble to dress the tiles!

God when I was doing the pv systems it was two roofers for hard a day and me and the electrician where proberly there the same we where DOIng two maybe three jobs a day

Reply to How Many People on Site? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net