Discuss How much should a window cleaner charge? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sparksburnout

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Young bloke round my way is starting up window cleaning Monday, he looks rough as chuff but he's OK I always pass the time of day when I see him, he gave me a lift out the Van with an old heater once. Anyway he collared me and said did I want a window cleaner, and having never had one before have no clue how much they charge, he wants 8 quid for my gaff, front and back up and down, which is quite a big 4 bed detached, all the houses round here are on the bigger side. I reckon he's undercharging so might have a word tomorrow, no use in him starting off too low. What does anyone else think or pay?

It’s probably a foot in the door to other things like tidying gutters and drains.
He’s an entrepreneur Rodney!
No doubt his prices will be going up with inflation though!

Young bloke round my way is starting up window cleaning Monday, he looks rough as chuff but he's OK I always pass the time of day when I see him, he gave me a lift out the Van with an old heater once. Anyway he collared me and said did I want a window cleaner, and having never had one before have no clue how much they charge, he wants 8 quid for my gaff, front and back up and down, which is quite a big 4 bed detached, all the houses round here are on the bigger side. I reckon he's undercharging so might have a word tomorrow, no use in him starting off too low. What does anyone else think or pay?
3bed detached a tenner in Nhampton

I've forgotten prices . I do remember them seeming reasonable (esp if nothing extra charged 1st time).
I think the profit is in how often / quickly you return to
repeat. (Disputes over work done 2nd , 3rd time wanted or not )

and having never had one before have no clue how much they charge, he wants 8 quid for my gaff, front and back up and down, which is quite a big 4 bed detached, all the houses round here are on the bigger side. I reckon he's undercharging so might have a word tomorrow, no use in him starting off too low
eight quid is not bad if he cleans the windows with chip paper ,LOL .

£6 here for a 3 bed semi.

It boils down to how much it’s worth to you.
If you’re not bothered about having clean windows, then 50p is too much.
If you want clean windows, but don’t have the time or equipment, then anything up to how much it would cost you to do the job yourself is ok.

I used to live next door to my mate, who had a Motorcycle shop.
It was cheaper for me to pay him £150 to service my Motorcycle, than for me to take a day off work to do it myself.

My parents pay £10 every month for a 2 bed bungalow with dorma window.

Takes the chap about 15mins

He does about 9 or 10 bungalows on the cul-de-sac , so probably goes away with £100 in about 2hrs (all bangers and mash)

Nice work if you can get it

He does about 9 or 10 bungalows on the cul-de-sac , so probably goes away with £100 in about 2hrs (all bangers and mash)

Until he goes into the next street and they’re all two up two down and he has to do some graft!
Love to see them doing 3 storey houses with the long wands, not going to be drying those panes or wiping your frames with a wringed (wrung)

out cloth are they!

I like a bit of pie and mash myself:)

It boils down to how much it’s worth to you.
If you’re not bothered about having clean windows, then 50p is too much.
If you want clean windows, but don’t have the time or equipment, then anything up to how much it would cost you to do the job yourself is ok.

I used to live next door to my mate, who had a Motorcycle shop.
It was cheaper for me to pay him £150 to service my Motorcycle, than for me to take a day off work to do it myself.
RTFQ spin, RTFQ. I was just trying to get him off on the right foot!

Last time I had it done it was 3 shillings and 6d.
I'm sure he overcharged me!
Bet your windows look lovely, yhat is if you don't do them yourself.

Reply to How much should a window cleaner charge? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock