Discuss How much to charge for an EICR in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Those little buttons are too close together and as the 'like' and 'dislike' are next to each other I nearly gave up trying to 'like' a post on my phone. I didn't know what that brown box on the right was, I thought it was an envelope! I need a bigger phone or better eyes, whichever one is cheaper or doesn't hurt!

Worked for a company back in 2011 who expected testers to test 40 circuits a day, this was a large concern with many sparkies (but a high turnover of workers), the testing consisted of a quick resistance rest and maybe a trip of the RCD, the rest was "calculated" in the office. This company has contracts for local authorities testing schools, swimming pools and offices. I don't think a test can be carried out properly and the tester make any money at it.

Wow! How can 3 get done in a day?

By not being very thorough. Our house had a fault on the ring, it's had two inspections since it was installed (the affected ring was tested apparently) and deemed to be satisfactory because Zs was OK, despite other tests indicating an issue.

When I changed the CU as a result of a fault, I spotted the issue straight away, r2 was way over what I expected to see given r1 and rn. Turned out to be a loose earth connection in one socket that had never been touched since the day it was installed. Took the socket off the wall and the CPCs practically fell out of the terminal.

I thought that a high resistance reading was ok if you have an RCD somewhere , usually as a main switch? Up to a few hundred ohms?

I'm sorry you are unwilling to furnish me with the answers to my questions, I thought that the function of this site was to pass on relevant information. Still don't know what a troll is.

Reply to How much to charge for an EICR in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net