Discuss how much to charge for this job in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

piperm

I been to look at a job today, for myself. The guy has a room about 6 X 4 metres with a false ceiling consisting of old victorian style timbers supporting it.

Theres 3 doors.. 2 into other rooms and 1 leading outside and theres two seperate lights in the room.. one is controlled by a switch by 1 door and one is controlled by a switch by the exterior door.

The guy basically wants an extra light putting in.. a extra switch by the 3rd door.. all the lights switching in two way and the switch by the exterior door ditching as he doesnt use the door so has no need for it.

All of its an easy job as theres floor boards above if i cant fish over the ceiling, and im just going to JB the lighting circuit to get it all configured and i told him i may not be able to two way it if i cant pull down the chase to the existing light switch and he's happy with that aslong as he can have a light when he enters the room.

I just need to know a rough price of what sparkys on here would charge for doing the job as i've never done foreigners before!

Cheers

Matt

foreigners wtf? think how long it will take you roughly, half a day?, whole day?, 1 hour? decide how much you should earn for a day maybe something like 150-200, half a day 100, an hour 30.

im going to try £200 lol.. lukily one of the existing lights in the room is last in the circuit so its even easier.. surface the two way switches aswell so nice, easy money

Reply to how much to charge for this job in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock