Discuss How much would you charge to install RGB LED strip lighting? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have two rooms with suspended ceilings in which I need to run 25 metres of RGBW strip lighting in (RGB plus Cool White) plus another 15 metres of the same in another room (please see pictures).

Both circuits will include 2 drivers, 1 controller and 1 amplifier. This will all be connected to the mains wiring (already wired in both rooms so are ready for connection).

The strip lights have come in 5 meter reels so the joints will also need to be cut and soldered accordingly.

Now my question is how much would you charge to set up these LED strip lights in both rooms?

Many thanks.

IMG_7177.JPG

IMG_7607.JPG

There is LED tape and cheap tape with no extrusion/diffuser you get what you pay for. Cheap drivers won’t last and the colour effect may be poor. Always check the specification suggest speaking with a reputable tape supplier like Monoled, stuff from the diy centers will always end up with a compromised install. However we pay the money and make the choice. Good luck.

There is LED tape and cheap tape with no extrusion/diffuser you get what you pay for. Cheap drivers won’t last and the colour effect may be poor. Always check the specification suggest speaking with a reputable tape supplier like Monoled, stuff from the diy centers will always end up with a compromised install. However we pay the money and make the choice. Good luck.

Thank you for the advice.

I guess it would take about four hours at £35.00 per hour. £140. You say solder but normally you can get connectors that pierce and join which I would assume would be the case? That would be just connecting and placing the LED strips. From what you say everything else is in place?

I guess it would take about four hours at £35.00 per hour. £140. You say solder but normally you can get connectors that pierce and join which I would assume would be the case? That would be just connecting and placing the LED strips. From what you say everything else is in place?

Finally someone who has actually answered the question lol. Thank you very much for your suggestion. Yes everything is in place. It all just needs to be connected.

I must say that was a bit shocking about your spark having deceased. Sorry to hear it. And err, it is not usual for our illustrious friend to be so unwelcoming, sometimes it can get a bit snarky on here though, but not usually.

He was ill for a while :( No worries I was just a bit taken back by his response as I was really just on here to get some advice. This is because one quote that I had was nearer to the prices some have suggested on here. However, the other quote just sounded ridiculous. So all I wanted is some clarification really. Thanks for all of your help :thumbsup:

Reply to How much would you charge to install RGB LED strip lighting? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net