Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss How much would you charge to install RGB LED strip lighting? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

Hi all,

I have two rooms with suspended ceilings in which I need to run 25 metres of RGBW strip lighting in (RGB plus Cool White) plus another 15 metres of the same in another room (please see pictures).

Both circuits will include 2 drivers, 1 controller and 1 amplifier. This will all be connected to the mains wiring (already wired in both rooms so are ready for connection).

The strip lights have come in 5 meter reels so the joints will also need to be cut and soldered accordingly.

Now my question is how much would you charge to set up these LED strip lights in both rooms?

Many thanks.

IMG_7177.JPG

IMG_7607.JPG

2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Electrician's Arms

you need a price from us .why have you not got a price from your local spark.
    I would not price any work with out seeing. it is asking how long is a piece of string .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

I have from 2 different electricians and the quotes are completely different hence why I have come on here to ask...

4. buzzlightyear

well ask another spark . put the quote on the post and the prices considering you live in London .

5. buzzlightyear

looking at the pictures you put on the post what happened to the first spark.
    considering he left a cable hanging down. and you having some work done.
    did you not pay him ?

6. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

He died actually.

7. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Sorry to hear of the passing of your Electrician.
    Buzz - way too harsh man !
    That said, its perhaps best if you get another spark to quote if you're not happy with the one you have?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

Thank you.

9. mydigitalhome

mydigitalhome Regular EF Member

There is LED tape and cheap tape with no extrusion/diffuser you get what you pay for. Cheap drivers won’t last and the colour effect may be poor. Always check the specification suggest speaking with a reputable tape supplier like Monoled, stuff from the diy centers will always end up with a compromised install. However we pay the money and make the choice. Good luck.

10. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

Thank you for the advice.

11. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    I guess it would take about four hours at £35.00 per hour. £140. You say solder but normally you can get connectors that pierce and join which I would assume would be the case? That would be just connecting and placing the LED strips. From what you say everything else is in place?

12. Benchaffey

Benchaffey EF Member

Around £250 I reckon

13. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Thread cleaned up...try keep it on track. Cheers

14. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

Finally someone who has actually answered the question lol. Thank you very much for your suggestion. Yes everything is in place. It all just needs to be connected.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

Thank you :)

16. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

I agree. Thanks :)

17. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    I must say that was a bit shocking about your spark having deceased. Sorry to hear it. And err, it is not usual for our illustrious friend to be so unwelcoming, sometimes it can get a bit snarky on here though, but not usually.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Mandy_KD

Mandy_KD EF Member

He was ill for a while :( No worries I was just a bit taken back by his response as I was really just on here to get some advice. This is because one quote that I had was nearer to the prices some have suggested on here. However, the other quote just sounded ridiculous. So all I wanted is some clarification really. Thanks for all of your help :thumbsup:

19. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Just make sure the person quoting is also going to provide a certificate ....

20. buzzlightyear

vort, with HMRC vat or with out it !

21. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    No VAT.

22. buzzlightyear

when you are vat reg. and you say to a customer price plus vat .and they say I rather not pay vat
    you and them will get done for not paying HMRC coffers . trust me I did some work once for HMRC inspector .

• Informative Informative x 1