Discuss How not to run cables through insulation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just saw this. Great demonstration of how NOT to install insulation round electrical cables. No consideration of the CCC of the cable.

Sorry pete, I know this is your job, really.....:D
That's alright Mate, just don't get to comfortable or you might get a visit from my management:rage:;)

The Iet sells us books with calculation info,you do the maths,you get to a cable size,the cable guys make the size needed,it gets delivered,it gets fitted,its been a long haul but at least its done right
Then along comes no particular insulation guy(because they all perform the same) and messes up the whole process :)

just to be controversial, it's clearly a newbuild. the plans would detail insulated walls and the sparks should be working to that specification with their design and installation methods..
now if it was retrofilling cavity insulation..

okay so, i'll just hand my sparksunion card in at the door on my way out.. :oops:

I've recently 1st fixed a new build where all the external walls [on the inside] are battened with 2x2 and celotex fills the whole 'void'. The builder has cut small channels in the back of this where I've run cables clipped flat to the blockwork, but to be on the safe side I've wired the kitchen ring in 4mm and will derate the other two rings [2.5] to 20amps.

Reply to How not to run cables through insulation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just wondering if I have a cable passing through "100mm insulation at 2 points", do I use the correction factor of 100mm at 0.78 or 200 at 0.63
Replies
Views
I have a fuseboard change I need to do soon I’m putting in a FUSEBOX 7 or 10 way RCBO+ SPD My only concern is how I should run the pyro cables in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a fairly big property and to get power to the house, there are several metal poles with the cables running along them. I had...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Sorry for all the questions. With he help of a friend, I recently installed some insulation into my mother's loft. Whilst adding...
Replies
Views
Hi All I wanted to ask a question about the reference method. Passing wiring through holes made at 0.2-0.4 of the joist span. The cables passes...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock