Discuss How to check if a fuse feeds a ring final or 2 radial circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well guys. I don't know who but they finally got someone around to test it today. Turns out we were right and it should have had a 30a fuse so he changed it for them.
He also told them they didn't need a rewire which is good. He did however recommended a new consumer unit (no surprise) for which he quoted £450. Is this excessive? Sounds it to me but I'm not sure.
Thanks again guys for your help and advice.

Could put an RCD up front of the CU, can't say what the inside of the CU is like but it looks a tidy job

You appear to have cable sizes that suggest a fairly hefty load
The Wylex fuse board is rated at 60 amp,although it was an excellent piece of kit and renowned for its service and durability, it may be stressed with its possible tasks

Changing the consumer unit in this instance seems like a sensible idea given a stand alone Rcd is going to cost a few bob anyway
The price is high if it was me, but the area you live,the competition and the make of board will all play a part,suggest use the tried and trusted and get a few quotes

i'll fit a new CU for £350, assuming earthing and bonding are compliant.

Reply to How to check if a fuse feeds a ring final or 2 radial circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, When checking my consumer unit voltages with the full board off, I stumbled across something head scratching. Measuring the feed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I`m looking for an advice. I have an electric shower that I`m not using due to boiler changed to combi and added shower over bath feed by a...
Replies
Views
I have a customer that requested kwh meters on the socket circuits of an office lock he rents out,(rooms are rented separately). There are two...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have just bought my first house but it needs a bit of work. I am re-wiring it and I've found the conservatory ring has been spurred...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock