Discuss How to connect snap switch to this fan? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Basically i have this 12v volt that goes on car battery, it has a speed controller that goes from 0 to like 50000 rpm if you turn it to the right. Red/black cable goes to the car 12v battery, and the controller switch is controlled by 3 tiny cables red/black/white.

I want to solder a snap controller switch so it can spin at max rpm when i press on the controller switch. I have no experience in elektronics, can somebody help me out please how i need to solder the controller switch to make it work.

How to connect snap switch to this fan? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Here is a screen of a snap switch:

Hi - why not set the controller to the speed you want, then use a switch in the supply lead to turn the whole thing on / off ? Do you know the current draw? It's just that switch is for AC may not last long switching DC.

here's the diagram of the fan the fan uses 24 amps max, i believe the controller is like 12volt but i don't know how many amps it needs. So you suggest to snip the small speed controller cable (red/black/white) and wire a snap switch in between. It sounds good enough for me, do you have any idea which cable colors i need to wire on the snap switch?

And would a 3 amp 12volt snap switch be enough?

Doesn't y tube mighty car mods they did a vid on them

Reply to How to connect snap switch to this fan? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock