Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss How to control second pump from Worcester Greenstar boiler? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. nhand42

nhand42 New EF Member

I've got a Worcester Greenstar 18i System boiler with integrated pump. The optional DT10RF controller has been installed. The boiler is used only for central heating.

I've also got a Wilo pump with three-way blender mixer connected to the underfloor hydronic pipes. The three-way keeps the hydronic loop at 45C whereas the boiler loop is more like 70C.

Currently the Wilo runs 24x7 from a socket on the wall. The boiler turns on and off as decided by the DT10RF thermostat. I'd like the Wilo pump to also turn off when the boiler turns off, but can't figure out how to do it.

The LP/NP terminals on the Greenstar seem to be disconnected; my multimeter shows 0V at all times. There are no LZ/NZ terminals like on the Greenstar 18i Regular model. I don't see any other switched lines from this boiler.

Is there a switched line somewhere I can use to control the Wilo pump?

2. Megavolt

Megavolt Electrician's Arms

The pump needs controlling by a prog room stat or timer for the room the UFH is supplying. Ideally via a zone valve to provent feed back

3. nhand42

nhand42 New EF Member

Ok, but the DT10RF is already a prog room stat. With a second prog room stat for the pump they're going to fight each other. The DT10RF might decide to turn the boiler on while the second room stat decides to turn the pump off. That's not a good outcome.

I'd like to use only the DT10RF prog room stat - which already controls the boiler and it's integrated pump - to also control the UFH pump.

4. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

I don't think it is going to be possible, but your best bet may be to give Worcester Bosch a call and see what they say.

The DT10RF is integrated into the boiler front panel and plugs straight in to the internal control electronics. It doesn't come out to a set of external connections.

5. guest119

guest119 Guest

Cant you just put the 2 pumps in parallel?
    IE dip into the multi plug or whatever is the final connection to the integral pump.

Boydy

6. Mr Brady

Mr Brady Regular EF Member

How about clamping a stat to the boiler flow somewhere near the underfloor heating manifold, then the water temperature can act as your "switched line".

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  7. Megavolt

Megavolt Electrician's Arms

Why not get rid of the Dt10rf, will make life easier

8. wozz

wozz Regular EF Member

The internal controls disable the connections for external controls. If you change to external controls remember to order the blank plate for the boiler if you don't have the existing one.

9. Worcester

Worcester Trusted Advisor

nhand42, I guess you didn't like the honest answers and great comprehensive advice that you got on the Plumbers forum so came here for a 2nd opinion :)

The answers are over there :)