JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) how to get ecs/jib card

Discuss how to get ecs/jib card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adamo

how would i get a ecs/ jib card . when i have no electrical job and been out of electrical work for 2 years .
havent you got to be working for someone to get it

cheers

i have c&g 2360 parts 1 and 2 and 17th . 8 years experience . however been out of electrical trade for two years . i have done ecs tests before but now out of date

i have c&g 2360 parts 1 and 2 and 17th . 8 years experience . however been out of electrical trade for two years . i have done ecs tests before but now out of date

Would it not be prudent to write to the JIB explaining your status and getting their requirements

i have a while ago emailed jib and im sure they said i have to be working to get a card and in my situation at the moment i would have to go as a labourer. even having c&g parts 1 and 2 electrical installation and 17th .

Your not listening to me mate. Go to the ECS website and download the booking form to do the ECS assessment. This is multiple choice and the electrical version to the CSCS. Once you have passed this then go back to the ECS website and download the JIB card form. With your current certificates that you have listed you will get the labourers grade. With this card it will get you on to every site where a CSCS/ECS card is a mandatory requirement. Get yourself a job as a mate and then sign up to the NVQ Level 3. Once completed you then apply for the Gold card giving you the grade of Electrician.

Or you could ignore everything I have just wrote and do a five day course on how to earn 50k a year. The choice is yours!

i have a while ago emailed jib and im sure they said i have to be working to get a card and in my situation at the moment i would have to go as a labourer. even having c&g parts 1 and 2 electrical installation and 17th .
If you haven't completed the requirements for classification in any other grade that is what you'll have to do unless you can find a way to buck the system or buy a fake card. Hmm an idea just occurred to me, I've always enjoyed messing about with lady parts but I have no gynaecological qualifications or experience. There must be a way I can blag my way into a job like that

Hi mate
they will probably give you a labourer card or Adult trainee as other have said contact them via telephone or email I found Email better as then you have it in writing to get a ECS gold card for installation electrician you will need a NVQ lv3
But as others have said the labourer card will get you on site you will probably have to do a ECS health and safety test at extra cost beforehand but they will explain all this when you contact them
If you had teh NVQ LV3 this would exempt you from having to take the ECS test for 5 yrs
Section 10 requires a signature from an employer or someone you have subbied forbut you can leave it blank and include a letter expaling evrything inc what quals you have and a signed Photograph also signed by a reuptable eprson ie post master , doctor, teacher etc they will want to see copies of your certifcates also

once you hae the card try to get work and enrol for a NVQ lv3 or equivalent its best checking with therm direct as all quals have been changing recently so there requirments may be changing

cheers for the replies and advice its 2360 i have not 2330 . they stopped 2360 when my course finished and replaced it with something else.

Reply to how to get ecs/jib card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net