Discuss How to get into the electrical industry? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long story short - I'm in my mid-twenties and I finished college in 2011 studying the following:

- City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 Electrical Installation
- 17th Edition
- 2392 Inspection & Testing (I think it's the level 2 version of the 2391)
- PAT Testing

It was all mainly theory based, and for this reason I lost all motivation and didn't try to pursue it as a career. So I have no electrical work experience at all.

Now I'm looking to get into it properly, but I've forgotten pretty much everything from college!

So the question I have is:

What is my best approach to become eventually qualified if I have no experience at all & I have forgotten everything from college?

- I was looking into apprenticeships, but that'll be another 3 years on top of what I've already done

- I've looked at being an electrician's mate, but they all require experience and I wouldn't feel competent in the slightest

Hopefully you guys can put me on the right track!

Thanks!

Find a better paying career as if you didn't follow it through when you had the chance it will be fairly tough to get in to now.

As mentioned by Gavin just keep looking for electrician mates jobs.

One of My first port of call if I was in your position would be getting my head down and reading as much studying material as I can and hopefully much of it will sink in again.

All the best.

one of the biggest art robberies in the world was conducted by a couple of guys dressed as policemen, they just walked in and took it, still not caught

Reply to How to get into the electrical industry? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
So, I got a level 2-3 electrical installation diploma fresh out of college with no experience especially onsite. I was wondering whether working...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking for advice on electrical careers, i currently work in the access control industry of which i have a deep level of...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m liam and I’m 18 years old from Merseyside area, I’ve just completed my level 2&3 electrical installation and maintenance at widnes...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock