Discuss How to learn quickly on the Job ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

agree. just put the posters on ignore. bit of a chore though when there's several different ones.

only thing I find inappropriate these days is is that goddamn leftist political correct garbage.

Amen to that statement!

The PC brigade are a bunch of entitled snowflakes who believe feelings are more important than facts, and who continue to devalue words such as rape, sexual harassment, violence, racist and ----.

The latest thing to get my goat is a clip of an exuberant fan in Russia who runs up to a reporter (live on air), gives her a quick cwtch (that's a cuddle if you're not from these parts) and a peck on the cheek. It's over and done with in a few seconds. That is apparently sexual harassment. The primary driver for this assertion is that he apparently groped her breasts. Well... one hand was on her shoulder and the other, whilst not ideally placed (a bit low), certainly did not carry out any action that I would consider groping (by that I mean it landed, was stationary and then it was gone).

There's even women responding to the tweet saying 'this is not sexual harassment' and they're getting slammed by the PC brigade.

In an era when the merest of accusations can ruin a man's life, we should be taking greater care to accurately define things like this. No one bats an eyelid when a woman does the same to a guy, but when the recipient is a woman... RAPE! SEXUAL HARASSMENT!

It's complete garbage!

Are you as hacked off as me with all this Oriental Carp scam shyte we are getting?

In a word... Yes.

Whilst the ignore option does indeed make them disappear, when I do that it doesn't really help as if they've posted enough to push legitimate posts of the bottom of the new posts list, you still don't get to see the real ones.

Not that I saw, but that doesn't matter in my view. The claim that he sexually harassed her is based on the claim he groped her.

I read something similar on BBC. Whilst that particular incident, some might not think of some sort sexual harassment/assault, its seems the recipient didn't feel that way. If I was hugged and kissed by that particular reporter, I would be delighted. If that same bloke went I did the same to me, I would take a different view.

The BBC report also linked to a campaign in Brazil by reporters, who were or are subjected to similar unwarranted attention, to a rather more distasteful level.

Irrespective of what is claimed, if he is only hugging and kissing females, then it’s sexual.
Whether it should be considered harassment would depend on how often he has acted in this manner.
It could be that the groping claim has come about because he only acted in this manner the once.

I think it just an assault, possibly sexual assault. Sexual harassment includes bullying or cohesion etc, and does not need to include an assault.

Back to the original question - agree with what most people have said, but especially listening and asking questions.

And definitely fetch a notebook and write stuff down. Nobody can remember everything. If I was trying to show people something and they didn't bring a notebook then I would ask them why they haven't. And then send them to the stationery shop. Possibly stopping at the coffee shop on the way back.

At the end of each day, make a quick note on what you have learned that day. Try to find at least one thing; it could be related to business/customers/tools/regs/materials/installation methods. If you learned it new that day, write it down. Review this list at the end of the week, e.g. late on Sunday when your mind is starting to think about work again. Make a note of any questions you want to ask, and ask the at the first opportunity on the Monday.

Actually,it should be cock/hen. Which is cock,stroke hen...but we can't say that either.

I find that i am genuinely looking forward to the part of my life,where,like my great aunt Lily,you know there are only a handful of summers left,and you just do not care what others think of your immediate thought-to-speech process.

A time when you can be in a queue,in a Tesco in Warrington,and look the woman in front,up and down,and actually ask her ...."Why do you wear those leggings,when yours bottom is so big?..."

Terrible....yet so fondly remembered :)
I think you will find that was probably ASDA.

why is it that if a man gropes a woman, it's sexual assault/harrasment, but if a woman gropes a man, it's fun.?

And why are men deemed to be 'objectifying' women when they lasciviously look at them, but the same accusation is never made against the drunken, rampant women who grope the male strippers at hen parties?

Why is it that a man down in the street looking up at a naked woman through her bedroom window would be a 'peeping Tom' whereas a man standing naked at his bedroom window and being seen by a woman down in the street would be a 'flasher'?

And why are men deemed to be 'objectifying' women when they lasciviously look at them, but the same accusation is never made against the drunken, rampant women who grope the male strippers at hen parties?

Why is it that a man down in the street looking up at a naked woman through her bedroom window would be a 'peeping Tom' whereas a man standing naked at his bedroom window and being seen by a woman down in the street would be a 'flasher'?

No accusation is made against the men at a "sportsman's dinner" groping at a stripper/performer,which cancels that one.

Both a naked woman,and a naked man,visible at a bedroom window,would be at risk of the same,identical possible criminal charge. As could any woman or man,viewing either.

Might i suggest swapping the Daily Mail,for a Trials and Motocross News :)

No accusation is made against the men at a "sportsman's dinner" groping at a stripper/performer,which cancels that one.

Oh really? Is that so? Might I suggest swapping the Trials and Motocross for The Guardian wherein you will read accusations of sexual harassment being made against men who attended an an all-male charity dinner. :)

MP calls for tougher laws after women 'groped' at men-only charity gala - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/24/women-groped-and-sexually-harassed-at-london-charity-gala

Both a naked woman,and a naked man,visible at a bedroom window,would be at risk of the same,identical possible criminal charge. As could any woman or man,viewing either.

Being charged is one thing, but being convicted is quite another.

A woman walks around naked in full view of her neighbour, the neighbour complains, the woman is charged, but isn't convicted because the magistrates clear her on the grounds that "she did not intend to cause harm or distress."

BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | Woman cleared of indecent exposure - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5014450.stm

A man walks around his garden naked in full view of his neighbour, the neighbour complains, the man is charged, convicted, fined £500 and given an ASBO.

Judge gives naked gardener an ASBO - http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1168236.Judge_gives_naked_gardener_an_ASBO/

Might i suggest swapping the Daily Mail,for a Trials and Motocross News :)

I have zero interest in motorbikes ..... unless they are being ridden by naked women.:D

Last edited:

I have zero interest in motorbikes ..... unless they are being ridden by naked women.:D
[/QUOTE]

I don't know about an interest........that sounds more like jealousy.

Reply to How to learn quickly on the Job ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net