Discuss How to rewire a switch so it's always on? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rihsc102

I have a faulty switch on a BGA rework station:

faultyswitch.jpg

I don't really need the switch, because I always use the mains switch anyway. How would I rewire it so that the faulty switch is taken out and it is always on? Which wires would I connect together?

LEFT OF PIC: FAULTY SWITCH
TOP OF PIC: WIRE TO MAINS

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi irhsc102 - welcome to the forum.

As long as the E-stop is all functioning correctly then it shouldn't be an issue to just put the 2 blues together in one suitable rated connector and the brown and black togther in another connector.

Although getting a replacement double pole switch would be the preferred quick simple fix and cheap tbh.

PS Ensure the unit is unplugged fully when doing any alterations or replacements.

Last edited:
With the best will in the world, if you have to ask that question you shouldn't be tinkering with it. By changing the way a machine operates you are leaving yourself wide open for a negligence claim if anyone gets injured. The switch is fitted for a reason. You will probably be able to get a switch on line, then get someone who is qualified and competent to carry out the repair. Post your location and someone on here may be able to help.

Thanks for the help guys, managed to get it sorted by a friend.

Reply to How to rewire a switch so it's always on? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
Hello everyone... There are a total of 4 cables entering the junction box at the top of the staircase. Two 12/2 cables are coming in through the...
Replies
Views
Hi, The shower pull chord switch has snapped at my mom’s home and having unscrewed the switch I discovered a horror show(see pic). So I’ve had...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Note, this is not a DIY, I'm using a fully qualified electrician, just posting here...
Replies
Views
Hi New to this forum, Just looking for some advise as a DIY person. I have recently purchased a new home. I have come across a wall light which...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock