• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss How to rewire a table saw in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Andre2057

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi guys
The power cable on my table saw attached to the motor came off when I changed blade to 45 degrees.
Turned saw upside down and the power cable was hanging loose, the only wire coming out the motor is a red live cable, how can I reattach the power cable when it has live and neutral wires?
Thanks Andy

Hi guys
The power cable on my table saw attached to the motor came off when I changed blade to 45 degrees.
Turned saw upside down and the power cable was hanging loose, the only wire coming out the motor is a red live cable, how can I reattach the power cable when it has live and neutral wires?
Thanks Andy
Flex Connector 10A 2 Core Orange - https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/d190/Cable+Management/sd2460/Flex+Connector+10A+2+Core/p82342?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq-OvvL-Q3gIVx4TVCh2ZsAxREAAYAyAAEgKR1_D_BwE
One of theses or something similar, plenty on the market.

it will be inside the casing. reason you can't see it is it's likely beeen ripped out. or else you have rats. your only option is to strip the casing off and see.

Hi thanks for the reply
Something like that be ok where would I wire the single neutral to as there is no neutral on the table saw motor
Thanks Andy
Ahh thought you meant you had just cut the flex in half somewhere looks like you will need to use the flex and re connect to the motor.

And when you get it fixed treat the cable with respect and have it secured . That does definitely look like an old wound.

think you need professional help here. an expert can determine what goes where, test it, and make sure it's safe. depending where you are, 1 of us may be close to assist.

Reply to How to rewire a table saw in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back