Discuss How to run electric to my shed. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I don't know why everyone is taking the mickey out of the OP. Its just 'red to red & black to black' after all.....

On a similar note, to save time and hassle, I going to do my own vasectomy. After all its just cutting a couple of tubes. I have my missus nail scissors and my soldering iron (if I need to cauterise the tubes) and I'm sorted... Will let you know how it goes...

That all seems a bit long-winded to me ....... what's wrong with just using a couple of half bricks??

After burning down his own garden and spreading a bush fire into neighboring houses, he wont be saying "i'll try anything once" too loudly when stood in the prison showers i'm telling you that RIGHT now.

says an experienced man

That all seems a bit long-winded to me ....... what's wrong with just using a couple of half bricks??

But im a professional and know what im doing.... just like the OP...

There is more chance of me copping off with Kelly Brook than the OP taking any advice from us. He is determined to do it all himself, cause "he knows best!" I have seen it so many times before. People ask for advice and when they get an answer they dont like they just ignore it and say "You are just being difficult" or "That is not the correct attitude"...

I did have a gentleman e-mail me before christmas wanting power to his pond pumps. He informed me that he would do all the digging and cable-laying, then I could simply make the final connections and sign it off. That way, I'd only need to charge him for 1 hour. I informed him that there was a bit more to it than that, and he never replied...

Does not affect the op as he comes from Aberdeenshire which when I last looked was in SCOTLAND, anyway looks like he has taken the hump or has understood he has upset aa few people.

-

I stand corrected. Can't understand though, why England and Wales have to conform with Part P but Scotland and N.Ireland don't. Seems a little unbalanced considering we are all one United Kingdom...

I stand corrected. Can't understand though, why England and Wales have to conform with Part P but Scotland and N.Ireland don't. Seems a little unbalanced considering we are all one United Kingdom...

It isn't just Part Pee either ..... some parts of the UK have prescription charges (for medicine etc) and other parts don't. How is that fair???

It isn't just Part Pee either ..... some parts of the UK have prescription charges (for medicine etc) and other parts don't. How is that fair???

And some parts pay 100% for elderly care and how is this fair.

This disparity is down to the "Barnet formula", introduced in the 1970's, as a temporary measure.

There are many benefits to living in Scotland. Don't think I would be allowed to live there though, as although I try very hard, I dont think I could meet the minimum alcohol consumption levels.

And some parts pay 100% for elderly care and how is this fair.

This disparity is down to the "Barnet formula", introduced in the 1970's, as a temporary measure.

Aye, a bit like Income Tax was introduced as a temporary measure to finance the Napoleonic War?

As for elderly care, I had my eyes well and truly opened when I was caring for my Mother who was an Alzeimer's sufferer. That woman had worked most of her life from leaving school and paid her dues, She was of voting age when the incoming Labour Government made their famous promise of free healthcare "from the cradle to the grave" yet when she needed help it wasn't there - unless she paid for it.

Politicians? - lying, cheating, two-faced, self-serving lying *******s - every single one of them and DON'T get me started on Social Workers!!

Evening folks,
Im Lee and I am looking for some advice on how to run electric to my shed. I have been searching the net for help but there's been so many different answers its starting to confuse me. I have never tried this before but I am an experienced diy'er and will give anything ago once.

I will be using my shed to fix and build motorbikes so I will be using power tools. I'm wanting to have 3 strip lights and maybe 4 or 5 double sockets.
My shed is approximately 10ft from the back of the house, it would probably be 24ft from the main fuse box. ( main fuse box is located in the cupboard at the front door)

I know I'm going to have to dig a trench to run the wire from the main fuse box to the shed but not sure how deep plus the wire will be run underneath a path, will that be safe?

Can someone please tell me how to do this and what wire, fuse boxes etc etc i will need?

Any information would be a big help as I would like to give this a go myself instead of getting a sparky in.

Screwfix mate you'll like it there.:seeya:

Aye, a bit like Income Tax was introduced as a temporary measure to finance the Napoleonic War?

As for elderly care, I had my eyes well and truly opened when I was caring for my Mother who was an Alzeimer's sufferer. That woman had worked most of her life from leaving school and paid her dues, She was of voting age when the incoming Labour Government made their famous promise of free healthcare "from the cradle to the grave" yet when she needed help it wasn't there - unless she paid for it.

Politicians? - lying, cheating, two-faced, self-serving lying *******s - every single one of them and DON'T get me started on Social Workers!!

Like you, I've been through that with my mum, but because my parents lived a prudent life, it cost her £195.00 per day for the last 5 months of her life.

I like to think all things we get in Wales that is free could be considered fair
How to run electric to my shed. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

With that in mind.I would like to see a whole lot more of this fairness thing
How to run electric to my shed. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Only joking by the way,the caring society we seek has been left somewhere in the past

it would appear as though this thread has run its course, and lee has had all the sensible advice he is likely to get.
surely it can now be closed?

ps- lee- I understand why you asked, and understand why you want to do the job yourself, but as I'm sure you're now aware, it ain't as straight forward as you first envisaged. with that in mind, just get a sparky to do it for you, and save some cash by digging the trench for them. when you were a joiner, did you not meet any sparkies and become mates? you could always do a job for a job if that's possible...

Reply to How to run electric to my shed. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock