Discuss How to test a ceiling lights with a plug socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Post a pic of the fitting itself. It hasn't got a switch built into it somewhere has it? A small push/pull or something?

Maplin used to be ideal when it was more aimed at electronics hobbyists, ie. before it became a copy of Tandy selling radio control cars and clocks.

At the head office at Wombwell (near Barnsley for any southerners out there) they had a trade counter that the public could use (if that makes sense!?).

The catalogue used to be a good source of reference as well. In the days when it had pages and pages of IC data, etc. ie. before it became a glossy Tandy catalogue full of radio control cars and clocks.

And don't forget the excellent artwork on the covers.

I've done reminiscing now!

ok people, i will get a fuse from the shops today
Post a pic of the fitting itself. It hasn't got a switch built into it somewhere has it? A small push/pull or something?
No other switch, its supposed to be a ceiling light so connected to the mains.

I just want to test it

Again, it would probably help if you posted a picture of the whole light fitting - it could be that there's something really obvious amiss which nobody has thought of.
Nobody is going to steal your idea...

Reply to How to test a ceiling lights with a plug socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 16 ceiling spots to be replaced in a room being repurposed as a bathroom. Some will be over a shower, basin and bath hence need to be IP65...
Replies
Views
Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an electrician over and he took over from an incompetent builder. The builder already installed the wiring but the electrician told me...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock