Discuss how to work out r1+rn (and R1and R2)from end to end readings in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
How can I work out the P-N figure of eight readings and the R1and R2 readings from the end to end readings of the ring cct.

This is because our certs are typed up as we go along on site, and I only do the end to end tests on the ring.

Can anyone help pls.

Why are you not making the circuit into a figure 8 after measuring r1 rn & r2 and measuring R1+R2.

By the way the formula is r1 + r2 / 4 = R1 + R2

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Why are you not making the circuit into a figure 8 after measuring r1 rn & r2 and measuring R1+R2.

By the way the formula is r1 + r2 / 4 = R1 + R2

---

I'm hoping it's a periodic inspection...

If you don't know why you do the figure of 8 test then with all due respect you shouldn't be testing and certifying.

---

yes its a periodic, I dont know why we have to do the figure of 8 test.

Guidance Note 3 states:

Where there are proper records of previous tests, ring circuit continuity testing may not be necessary. This test should be carried out where inspection/documentation indicate that there may have been changes made to the ring final circuit.

Reply to how to work out r1+rn (and R1and R2)from end to end readings in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock