Discuss How would you describe the dangers, when they say it all works in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

First of all, thank you all for your input and sound advice.
Now an update.
I passed on the dangers of reverse polarity and the overall shoddy work, to my unc, who had a go at the builder for leaving the electrics unsafe. The builder actually agreed and said he won't be paying the 'electrician' and has deducted the costs of electrical work from the agreed cost of the extension, he also found the cover for the cu in his van pretty quickly :D

My uncle also agreed to get a proper spark in, to check and rectify the job. So proper result here. Common sense prevail's, eventually!

- If anyone can recommend a good electrician around the Southampton/Eastleigh, please let me know and I can forward the details

Last edited:
Serious arc eye from that one - not nearly enough to spend a minute motionless then writhing around on the floor - but enough to make a general comment!
To get back on topic :), the question was how to explain it's dangerous when they say it all works? How's your acting? Watch this guy for some pointers...

And the Oscar goes to.............

Reply to How would you describe the dangers, when they say it all works in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm Charlie, I have recently done my 18th edition and got enrolled on night classes for Level 2 C&G Electrical intallations. I currently work...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Current situation is - Adult learner (I'm 38 in a few weeks) I have my Level 2&3 (obtained last September) started learning at...
Replies
Views
I am writing to express my strong interest in joining your esteemed organization as I embark on the next phase of my career in the field of...
Replies
Views
Hi, My son has just (last week) had a rewire done on his house in Leyland. He has just bought the house but a "domino" type consumer unit was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock