Discuss hows work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

were being told to just wait til april and see what happens
dont get me wrong we have work to do just have got into the habit of sometimes dragging it out a bit.
weve been on a 4 day week for about 10 months now

am well busy mate, you dont know from which break down the next Rewire is coming from. I well and truly know how you feel, I can remember the panic and fear when had no work, that taught me to work seven days a week when the work was there, and to stash money for when it wasnt, got a few months ahead now with the bills and I feel the pressure is off, its a lovely feeling, you will be there soon mate, its funny how the pleasure returned to my job and life when I got a bit of lolly behind me.

Loads at the moment, Only downside my partners house got burgled last night, they grabbed the vasn keys and took his van. The Sat navs have built in trackers so withinn an hour the police had found it. They were caught red handed and all his kit is intact phewww. Now all thats needed is a firing squad for the lowlifes, No doubt they will get a slap on the wrist and be told not to do it again.:mad::mad:

Sorry off subject:eek:

Loads at the moment, Only downside my partners house got burgled last night, they grabbed the van keys and took his van. The Sat navs have built in trackers so withinn an hour the police had found it. They were caught red handed and all his kit is intact phewww. Now all thats needed is a firing squad for the lowlifes, No doubt they will get a slap on the wrist and be told not to do it again.:mad::mad:

Sorry off subject:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty slow at the moment, hoping something is round the corner - it usually is.

EDIT baldsparkies glad to hear they found it - makes a blummin change but it's only because you had a tracker. Let's be honest most police don't know their gluteus maximus for their humeral medial epycondile.

that was lucky for your partner, so glad all kit got back.Must admit I take in two tool bags each night, and my testers, if anything else gets nicked should be able to restart with not a lot of money. Lets face it if we have any sort of advertising on our vans, its open invitation. My mate who worked in london was screwed so many times he cleared his van each night and left an interior on so anyone could see there was nothing in it.

I garage the motor every night, take my tester and 1 tool box in the house, power tools in a locked and 'booby trapped' shed half way up my garden (garage is booby trapped also), and my bashing and plumbing hold-all is hidden underneath the car. only thing I leave in the car is a bag of plaster and a couple of half drums of twin and earth. I'm also thinking of mounting a small PV panel on the car and having an LED come on in the dark to show theres nothing in there (don't trust my battery to deal with an interior on all night....)

baldsparkies glad to hear they found it - makes a blummin change but it's only because you had a tracker. Let's be honest most police don't know their gluteus maximus for their humeral medial epycondile.

now now rocker my G/F sometimes reads my over my shoulder lol...!! :D:D Officer 5119 Northumbria Police lol
but yes nice to hear they got van back mate!

im not very busy, got a garage conversion in progress, got a outdoor fountain to fit, got a second garage conversion starting Thursday and surprise surprise im off to quote on a 3rd garage conversion tomorrow afternoon!

what's up people garages are there for a reason!! not complaining though! lol i will be Garage legend or was it "LEG"end by end of this...

yeah hope it does pick up

it seem tobe ok after xmas but gone dead again 1 or 2 days a week if that sometimes

glad to hear your stuff was ok but as you say will get a slap on wrist and thats it if even that

Sleeping with the enemy, durham? Nah only joking, I'm sure most police would do more if they could but are hindered by the ridiculous protocol and beureaucracy we have in this country.

I had a small-medium job last week, didn't work the week before that, and the week before that had one s/o replacement and one job doing three chandeliers and one s/o. So yea has been a very slow couple of weeks. Mind you my chandelier girl runs a very busy cafe and has been putting in a good word for me with her patrons, which is nice. TBH I think she fancies me a bit (he says turning the lappy away from his missus).

EDIT: Oh yer, and I have literally nothing lined up at the moment.

give the cafe owner a free periodic mate !!:D:D:D tell her her earthing is well out and you need to bang a new rod into her installation and you have one in ya "van" ready to go!
Just becare ful that the sparks dont fly when sorting it all out as you may get a re-call to the job in 9 months time and it could cost you more money :D:D:D:D

am well busy mate, you dont know from which break down the next Rewire is coming from. I well and truly know how you feel, I can remember the panic and fear when had no work, that taught me to work seven days a week when the work was there, and to stash money for when it wasnt, got a few months ahead now with the bills and I feel the pressure is off, its a lovely feeling, you will be there soon mate, its funny how the pleasure returned to my job and life when I got a bit of lolly behind me.

dont know who you work for jason yourself?,i work for heating firm and although its money its a pain,need help some time on bigger job let me know.

give the cafe owner a free periodic mate !!:D:D:D tell her her earthing is well out and you need to bang a new rod into her installation and you have one in ya "van" ready to go!
Just becare ful that the sparks dont fly when sorting it all out as you may get a re-call to the job in 9 months time and it could cost you more money :D:D:D:D

Not if he uses a bit of heatshrink tubing on the rod before he bangs it in:D

Reply to hows work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock