Discuss Humidistat problem it just won’t knock the extractor fan off in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi everyone, my first post I’ve got a s&p HIG2 humidistat in my bathroom which has worked brilliantly for the last 14 months. Last weekend the fan just won’t stop it’s running constantly, I’ve ajusted both settings to low and still no joy
Ended up turning off the isolator switch but that also controls the digital shower
Any ideas or is this humidistat kaput ?

Have you considered the high humidity of the weather may be stopping the fan from been able to reduce the ambient humidity, if you check the local weather see what the humidity is and see what the sensor is set to if it is adjustable, I have in the past been called out in humid spells to customers with the exact same issue and once the weather changed everything went back to working fine.
It may be the case it is faulty but just putting it out there.

Just to add your humidity setting may be in reverse depending on model, if its in % then lowering it would mean it operates at a lower setting, try turn it up full, if this works then it is probably just the background humidity is high atmospherically.

Hi many thanks for that, now realise 100% humidity means the room is soaking, turned it the other way it eventually stoped and is now working as before.
I’m partially blind and think someone has altered it along the line and I couldn’t see the setting

Reply to Humidistat problem it just won’t knock the extractor fan off in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, my niece lives in a flat and has a bathroom without a window. There is an extractor fan which packed up and an electrician installed a new one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've recently replaced my 4 inch centrifugal extractor fan fitting in the loft. I was hoping for some advice on if this is wired up...
Replies
Views
Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I’m looking to swap my old noisy bathroom extractor fan for a new one and am after some advice on the wiring. My old one is on a timer...
Replies
Views
Hi there Not sure I am posting in the right place so apologies, you were all so helpful with a question I had last year so hope you can help with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock