Discuss Hyundai HY9000LEK generators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fredrico

Hello ladies

Does anyone know if these hyundai generators are vov generators ?? Got someone who has bought one to power their lights at home in the event of a power cut, and wants it connecting up. I am sure you are not allowed to connect vov generators to domestic dwellings, but I may be wrong.

Hello ladies

Does anyone know if these hyundai generators are vov generators ?? Got someone who has bought one to power their lights at home in the event of a power cut, and wants it connecting up. I am sure you are not allowed to connect vov generators to domestic dwellings, but I may be wrong.

The only sure way to find out, is contact the suppliers or manufacturer and ask the pertinent questions!!! lol!!!

I have emailed suppliers but as of yet not heard anything. May have to do it the old fashioned way and use my phone to make a call !!

Hello

We are the UK importer for Hyundai generators. The Hyundai HY9000LEk is not VOV, it has a floating earth. To connect to a domestic supply, you would require a generator/mains changeover switch and need to add a neutral earth link in the plug that connects the generator. Be sure to label this plug. This way, when the plug is disconnected, the generator can be used as normal.

Hope this helps.

Genpower Ltd

Reply to Hyundai HY9000LEK generators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
As a young man, I was an electrician, but now I'm getting on, I am strictly DIY. I used to have a cheap old 900W petrol generator connected to a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been asked to look at installing a generator changeover switch at a property, so that they have some level of backup in the event of...
Replies
Views
Hi Sorry to bring this one up again but have read numerous posts and answers and not got an answer specific to my situation. I have a Loncin...
Replies
Views
A customer has asked me to install a generator to supply her house for when they have a power cut. I have already said this is beyond my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock