Discuss I am going to get my tools stolen in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not had tools stolen out a vehicle but I have had thousands of pounds worth of musical gear stolen before. Police weren't interested and wanted to just give me a crime number over the phone. They only came out and did some finger printing when I kicked up a fuss. Anyway, did my own investigating and it paid off, the 2 culprits were spotted red handed by the police trying to sell all my gear at a local music shop. They got away with a slapped hand because it was their first offence and they were minors. Utter tosh.

I won't ever leave anything in a vehicle overnight again. If I ever have my own van with tools I'll just empty it. I'd rather spend 30 minutes a night emptying it then have to try and claim it back from insurance. Oh yeh that was the other thing, when all my music gear was stolen the insurance company wouldn't pay out! They said i hadn't rang them to confirm by phone that I wanted to continue my policy, but they still took the money!

Be careful.

......the other thing, when all my music gear was stolen the insurance company wouldn't pay out! ..............

Be careful.

The insurance industry has fallen on hard times ( Less profitable )
.... society is changing ..... + Litigation ideas from over the pond .
( The police prefer to park in CCTV areas ! )

no matter how carefull you are the little sh^%s will do anything i had 1 when i unlocked my van and went in the back to find something a thieving git went in the front and nicked the sat nav
one of the other guys i work with had somone grab his cordless drill from him while he was loading the van and he gave chase. when he got back the thiefs mates had raided his van
unfortunately they can be resorcefull

Hi Chris

Having been on receiving end twice I now don't leave tools in van overnight or at weekends (which is a pain). Van now has lock blanks on all doors except driver's door that new has Hykee lock. rear doors have wiring protection to stop cutting of wires. Separate internal alarms in cab and rear. All doors except drivers internally chained with ship anchor chain and padlocks. Plus separate steering wheel lock. May all seem a bit OTT but I'm damned if I am going to be done again and this just makes it all the more difficult that they will try elsewhere. SHAME Ford don't design adequate security in the first place considering how much they charge in the first place!

Wasn't insured first time but had £7,500 for second theft that paid out fairly quickly and that was with AXA van insurance.

Hi Chris

Having been on receiving end twice I now don't leave tools in van overnight or at weekends (which is a pain). Van now has lock blanks on all doors except driver's door that new has Hykee lock. rear doors have wiring protection to stop cutting of wires. Separate internal alarms in cab and rear. All doors except drivers internally chained with ship anchor chain and padlocks. Plus separate steering wheel lock. May all seem a bit OTT but I'm damned if I am going to be done again and this just makes it all the more difficult that they will try elsewhere. SHAME Ford don't design adequate security in the first place considering how much they charge in the first place!

Wasn't insured first time but had £7,500 for second theft that paid out fairly quickly and that was with AXA van insurance.
I bet that was for repair of the van also bet you didn't get cost of new though.

Reply to I am going to get my tools stolen in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net