Discuss i am going to sit my am2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

ballykeith

i am going in for my am2 in jan but i want to get a head on what i am doing but i want to see what the question on the exam are like and what to no if anyone knows any website i can go on to practice them please help thank you

there is a website called ----------- but there are some errors on this site

you will need to be conversant with BS7671, OSG, GN3 and the building regs for the online exams

take advamtage of a AM2 prep day if you can and please read the specs and adhere them in the practical

you will have to do an inspection and test on your install, make sure your college takes you through GN3 initial verification, some of the efforts ive seen have been unbelievable, sorry I cant say more

If the guy at my work can pass it, anyone can...

Apparently there isn't even any containment to install anymore? Just purely wiring?!

Crazy.

i am going in for my am2 in jan but i want to get a head on what i am doing but i want to see what the question on the exam are like and what to no if anyone knows any website i can go on to practice them please help thank you

The online exam is borderline ridiculous..............its 45 (i think) questions that are multiple choice, 4 possibilities......sounds easy right? ...........

It gets easier..................

You're aloud the OSG, BS7671 and GN3 in the exam with you, every answer you'll need is in them.....my advice is just familiarise yourselfs with these books, make sure you know where to find everything and aslong as you read the question a few times before answering so you fully understand it you'll be fine.

The install, correct as above their is no containment, ridiculous. Although, the time allowed which i think is 8hours or something? Does fly by, so make sure you get you're head down and work at a constant steady pace. I know a guy that failed because he'd not tightened his SWA gland up tight and it was undone by the assessor's hand....everything else was done perfectly, so make sure you've got your brain engaged throughtout as you don't want to be resitting for something as careless as that.

Fault finding not too difficult either really, just you're bog standard faults....L-N cross connections at sockets, breaks in the bonding, polarity ect... think they have 2 faults on a heating system though now, so if you're gonna get any practice it might be in how to diagnose faults on heating systems....it's simple enough but if you've never worked with a heating system then you might over complicate yourself.

Best of luck buddy.

A few things you will need to do

SY flex from DOL starter to motor ( enclosure)

3phase SWA to isolator and singles to socket

two way intermediate lighting ciircuit

ring final with spur

FP200 from C/U to SFS and up to carbon monoxide

2 data points just wired from one to another ( make sure you use the bridge they give you to seperate the data because you will fail if you don't )

s-plan heating with additional solar thermal programmer

think that's roughly the lot but yeah just go for it for the rig but as someone said no containment at all just wiring. good luck

Its a joke how they made the AM2 easier, i only sat mine 2/3years ago, it was the year prior to them changing the assessment (why is it not called the AM3) anyway i did the practical with very little experience and ****ed it, i know a fair few lads who failed but it was just through stupid mistakes/failed pyros. To then hear they took the pyro and containment out because they were deemed a level 2 skill and therefore should of already been assessed seems stupid to me, as those were the bits people struggled with the most. I think they changed it so they could get more people through the system.

Reply to i am going to sit my am2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net