Discuss I did the C&G2360 some 15 years odd years ago but annoyingly i didn't get it completed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Its been quite a few years since i left the industry and now after some good time to think I'm looking to come back. I worked mainly in the commercial/ office fitout sector in London on the tools to begin with then later as a project manager.

I have contemplated going back as a pm but as its been a good 7-8 years since my last contract I'm worried I'm way out of date... I did the C&G2360 some 15 years odd years ago but annoyingly i didn't get it completed. Now finding that it doesn't count towards anything as its superceded I've booked myself on the new 2365 levels 2&3 and then onto the 17th edition and then i can get my testing and inspection certs...

What would you guys recommend obviously get re-qualified, but go back into the city as a pm or try and piece together the kit and start out on my own? Is getting work a real pain now with all these short courses available, i am using able skills myself more as a get it all done in a year rather than going back down the original apprenticeship route i once started all those years ago?

Any insight or advice would be great.
Ta Scott

what he said.^^^^^^. cheapest way of doing it.

The only problem I saw was that I'm unable to prove any of my pre existing works as the companies I'd worked for had long since gone pop. Plus I thought it would give me a full refresher doing it again...

I have already paid for most of it upfront anyway so maybe jumping with both feet weren't such a good idea lol...

So would you personally go back on the tools or be the preverbial tool in the office?

Exactly my thoughts, when i spoke to city and guild a few years ago they said the 2360 is way out of date and wouldn't work towards anything else anyway...

I'm just a little worried with all the increased manual workers in the U.K. that getting consistent jobs/ contracts may be an issue...

I suppose unless I try I'll never know ;)

Reply to I did the C&G2360 some 15 years odd years ago but annoyingly i didn't get it completed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net