Discuss I hang my head in shame!!!!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I too ............... have signed up on the plumbers forum ;)........... they can be helpful for basic stuff, but as soon as people start wanting to know how to install boilers they tend to get shot down ......... and quite rightly so........

I have been looking into this and have found he has opened his boiler case which is a no-no for a a non gas safe. So he really has dropped us in it. He did the usual "it's ok I'm an electrical engineer didn't touch the gas so it's ok" and was admonished publicly on the forum. I think this needs to be referred to the CPS scheme and JIB. I will be looking into steamrollering his MFT and him doing the march of shame. What compounds this is the fact he has been talking to not just a plumber but a gas safe person or persons unknown.
Don't forget to review the RA for the job ... oh dear oh dear

Non gsr and over there as it is the nearest related forum to my line of work.

darkwood, this subject has caused no end of heated arguments over there (no pun intended) :)

I'm sorry guys but I have brought a stain onto our reputation, I have ... wait! it's difficult for me to say this, I have!.............................................gone to the Plumber forum for advice and asked a question :(... there said it.

I hope you can all forgive me as this is a difficult time and I am trying to adjust to the fact I needed there advice :oops:.

If anyone knows of any therapy session or groups that I can get involved with to help me pull through this I would be grateful.

Cheers.
Nothing to forgive DW, as we are only human after all :)

Non gsr and over there as it is the nearest related forum to my line of work.

darkwood, this subject has caused no end of heated arguments over there (no pun intended) :)

Yep! .. I was wondering how to approach them as I knew it would cause somewhat of a flutter but as tel' does point out, I am not doing paid work on anybody else property and this is my own boiler and property so technically I only could void my insurance if my house blew up because of my actions, again I am changing a fan with 2 wires push fitted onto it, I am not changing or adjusting anything else especially anything non electric.

Yep! .. I was wondering how to approach them as I knew it would cause somewhat of a flutter but as tel' does point out, I am not doing paid work on anybody else property and this is my own boiler and property so technically I only could void my insurance if my house blew up because of my actions, again I am changing a fan with 2 wires push fitted onto it, I am not changing or adjusting anything else especially anything non electric.
Believe there is also another point about the cover being decorative ie does it lift off or do you have to remove screws.

I'm sorry guys but I have brought a stain onto our reputation, I have ... wait! it's difficult for me to say this, I have!.............................................gone to the Plumber forum for advice and asked a question :(... there said it.

I hope you can all forgive me as this is a difficult time and I am trying to adjust to the fact I needed there advice :oops:.

If anyone knows of any therapy session or groups that I can get involved with to help me pull through this I would be grateful.[/QUOTE
upload_2017-9-2_13-35-31.png
] we will have none of this boy !

upload_2017-9-2_13-34-46.png
we will have none of this boy !

All sorted turns out the electrical engineer didn't open the gas valve all the way / had it shut off

:D :D

Always the simple things that screw us over

All sorted turns out the electrical engineer didn't open the gas valve all the way / had it shut off

:D :D

Always the simple things that screw us over

Cheeky Bar steward, tell them the truth, faulty gas level if fully opened it restricted gas supply back a few degrees solved the problem...

How's it feel popping over to the darkside again Corbs, if you get confused with the big words I will try help out :)

We have all that but we are experiencing some electrical issues, last I heard was a plumber popped over with his leaky pipework, we have problems ever since

Reply to I hang my head in shame!!!!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net