Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss i knew cats were smart but they can baffle you in the Pet Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. gnuuser

gnuuser DIY

just recently we adopted a 5 month old cat named Tika .
    yesterday she did something that astounded me a bit.
    the jar of treats fell off the table and I heard the noise and went to the kitchen to pick it up.
    I found Tika sitting atop the jar(it was laying on its side)
    and watched her use her claws to unscrew the lid and help herself to some snack.
    I know older cats tend to figure out puzzles but wow

• Like Like x 2
  2. dmxtothemax

dmxtothemax Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    David Haddock Electronic Repairs
    She has probably seen you do it,
    So she thought why not have a go ?

3. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Great stuff, Tika is a quick learner !
    It's great to keep the challenges coming with treats as rewards. If I'm asleep when Scully Cat is hungry she starts with licking my face. And if that doesn't get a result I'm in for a nose bashing. I think I'll get a treat jar ...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Ours didn't come in last night, very unusual. The missus was worried, calling for her and pacing up the street looking for her.
    Putting my tools in the van for a couple of quick jobs this morning and a furry head pops up over the back seat. FFS! Nosey bugger must have got in while I was emptying out yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kingeri

kingeri Trusted Advisor

We have three, all rescue cats that were found in a bin liner in a park. They are about 5 months old now. I didn't think I was a 'cat person', having always had dogs in the past. But, they are growing on me. Some of the things they get up to! Like getting on top of the kitchen cupboards, still looks impossible to me but they manage it somehow. One of them got into a stud wall where I had removeď a socket and not gotten round to filling the hole in, wish I had cos I had to make more holes to get her out. And one worked her way behind my 6ft fish tank, got wedged and that resulted in me draining many litres of water out to move the fish tank a half inch to get her out. But, they're worth it!

• Like Like x 5
  6. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

Kittens are easy to fool,with a buttered Rubik's cube...
    Never seen one completed,yet ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    I had to make a repair to a bit of drain pipe at home (don't ask ...) and Scully Cat helped by inspecting my work :)

IMG_0185.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. kingeri

kingeri Trusted Advisor

I don't know......Scully Cat doesn't look very impressed to me!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    True enough, but at least I didn't get the "I'm burying a dropping" paw action which she does if she gets served up some food that she doesn't like.

• Like Like x 1
  10. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i don't dislike cats, but can't stand one near to me for more than 30 seconds. after that i can't see, eyes weep, nose runs, whole body itches. arrrrrgh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1