Discuss I must be barred .....and now i'm waffling as this title has to be 20 characters (why?) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians arms access is not just down to post count, there was a figure being banded about of a minimum 100 posts, this however will not get you instant access.
We have seen new members post complete tosh and yes and no answers just to ramp their count up, to be considered you also need to prove that you run your own company and that you are an active member that engages regularly in threads.
I can't speak specifically for you or Freddy but as an example your profile show that you joined way back in 2012 yet you have only posted approximately 170 times, now I'm not saying that is why you're not an arms member but it could be a contributing factor.

shirley you can be an arms member if you are a bona fide sparks, working for an employer, rather than self-employed????

shirley you can be an arms member if you are a bona fide sparks, working for an employer, rather than self-employed????
It was the rule that was set up Tel.
I think the main reason being it was a place for self employed members to discuss prices and customers etc.
And don't call me Shirley :rolleyes::rolleyes:

One day I wasn't in the Arms next day I was and I am not self employed. Stand by to be kicked out:anguished:

Just to add. I'm in the Arms and not self employed... I'm a mouse pusher...
It did take quite a while for me to get in though.

It's cos I spend all my time working as an electrician, little time to post on here! :p
youre doing it wrong then!
Just to add. I'm in the Arms and not self employed... I'm a mouse pusher...
It did take quite a while for me to get in though.
QS? arguably mouse pushing/designing is more stress unless you literally are a mouse pusher, shoving little mice about like a big bully

are you tom from tom and jerry?

QS? arguably mouse pushing/designing is more stress unless you literally are a mouse pusher, shoving little mice about like a big bully

Electrical Design Engineer.
I'm a nice guy, when you get to know me..

are you tom from tom and jerry?

I always preferred Wile e coyote... that always had me in stitches..

Twice now I have requested entry to the electricians Arms (having met the minimum posting requirement) but have not had a single response, either positive or negative.

I can only assume that that time I was drunk and flirting with the Landlady, got me barred....... :)
Did you send a staff member a request? I just ran a search and the only two posts of yours I can find on the forum mentioning the Arms are this one above and another one here which probably went unnoticed as it's the last line in an 8 paragraph post and the staff are never going to read past the first few lines:p.

To qualify for Arms access you need to be a professional electrician and have at least 100 posts on the forum. We generally define 'professional electrician' as someone who is working in the electrical field and is legally entitled to so if you have a registered electrical business/details of scheme registration etc please send me the info via personal message.

Did you send a staff member a request? I just ran a search and the only two posts of yours I can find on the forum mentioning the Arms are this one above and another one here which probably went unnoticed as it's the last line in an 8 paragraph post and the staff are never going to read past the first few lines:p.

To qualify for Arms access you need to be a professional electrician and have at least 100 posts on the forum. We generally define 'professional electrician' as someone who is working in the electrical field and is legally entitled to so if you have a registered electrical business/details of scheme registration etc please send me the info via personal message.

Yes, I've posted to two of the staff members, I have over 160 posts, and am a professional electrician and have submitted proof of such.

Yes, I've posted to two of the staff members, I have over 160 posts, and am a professional electrician and have submitted proof of such.
Can you handle banter though? if not my advice is to keep away.

Can you handle banter though? if not my advice is to keep away.

I thrive on banter.... :)

just seen a pink pig fly past the window with a green frog in the saddle.

Reply to I must be barred .....and now i'm waffling as this title has to be 20 characters (why?) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net