Discuss I need inspiration!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

Eddiesparks

I've been doing domestic work for the past couple of years, I am trained up in the 2330 level 2 and 3 and 17th ed. of course! I have nearly finished my NVQ too. Just need site visit and finish writing up second job (ok I've got a fair bit more to do!)

Anyway, once my NVQ is finished I am looking at what kind of sparking to get into. I dont mind domestic but I have a feeling I will soon get a bit bored of it. Without sounding like a bit of a [t w a t] I'm the kind of person that needs to be constantly doing new things and learning more.

I am looking at what options are available to me. I understand commercial sparking is VERY monotonous. I.E - doing the same kind of light over and over and over and over ad infinitum!

So I'm thinking industrial is the way to go, possibly. I was wondering if many people on here did industrial sparking and what kind of jobs you do and what options there are for me if I want to go down that route. I'm basically saying that industrial sounds interesting but i know not a lot about it! If you are in North west london I'd even happily meet up and buy you a beer to pick your brains further.

Another option is the london underground. It appears the LUCAS card is pretty easy to get and LUL pay good money too. Anyone had experience of that? Night work though - bleurgh!

I think as far as job satisfaction is concerned, commercial and particularly industrial win hands down (containment installation etc)
Domestic is better if you like working in different places and meeting new people

- all areas though have there monotonous moments

I now work in a factory and I'm training to be electrical/mechanical engineer after doing domestic for 6/7 years. I love it. Hard going sometimes because it's a totally different ball game.

Thanks a lot.

Sounds daft but with no experience in industrial how do i get into it without huge pay cut??!!

Or have i answered my own question??!!

I have two kids so i cant survive on less than £550 a week after tax!!

I've gone in at about 20 grand a year not rock star money but it's worth it for the training. I have a little boy too and it's hardwork but you get out of it what you put in. Nothing comes easy or for free.

Reply to I need inspiration!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock