Discuss I really do despair about the human race. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I saw something about this. It's the media's fault as well... They show this rubbish on TV knowing full well most of the people will whinge about it. "Did you see ...... on ..... channel..." Free publicity.
We should ask the baby and expect a clear "Yes please father." from them, if not then they stay in the full nappy... See what RSPCC say about that..

M
Cretins spout crap
Babies spout crap (from the other end!)
It's total madness...
My mate's son phoned childline cos his Dad wouldn't give him any matches to light his spliff...
My Mrs spout crap sometimes, sorry camerbloke.

Think she’s on the right track, it’s not right to think you can change you baby’s nappy without asking first just because it is full and smells the baby has done a lot of work to get it in it’s present state, on a side note the fist time I took my son to the shopping centre and went to the baby changing room was pi—ed of as was hopping to get a 45ft sailboat, but then found out it’s not that sort of changing room

Well, we are none of us perfect. But don't despair - I reckon "them folks" are sent to provide some much needed light relief :)

some snowflake b1tch on the telly this morning advocating that we should ask our baby's permission to change it's nappy. FFS. what is the world coming to when cretins like this can spout such crap?
Yes I watched it, absolutely pathetic I agree, nearly as bad as the stereotyping northern white pot bellied men have about everyone else in the EU :D

I heard this story also on the J Vine show a few weeks back. I do think these people are trying to 're-invent the wheel', but doing an upgrade to a square one.

Long time since I charged my two boys nappies, although I do other similar things for them now! I never changed their nappies without some sort of conversation with them, it was asking permission, but a conversation of what was happening. You don't wait for them to talk, before having a conversation with them; try getting a 3 year to do something, without getting some form of formal agreement. You talk to your kids, from the moment their born. Its called parenting. I don't see any new parent needs to be told that, unless perhaps those that seem insistent on turning up on some early morning tv show, hoping someone will sort their lives out for them.

Changed my first grandson nappy for the first time last weekend; we had a chat about it, he seemed quite grateful. He didn't manage to pee everywhere during the process :D

I saw the article online somewhere this week. Absolutely nuts.
Her point was that even though the baby cannot answer or give permission it is important to ask to nurture an environment of trust and permission instead of acting on implied rights.
My first thought was "so we're to ask the baby what it wants then do what we want anyway" and that's the lesson we bring the child up with ? Sort of exactly the opposite of what this person is hoping to achieve surely ?

This is the definition of Fake News.

What she was saying is that by doing this instills normality for the child in having to give permission to access private areas. She was not saying that a baby should give actual permission. Just that it is a good habit to get into and the child will grow with these habits instilled in their mind.

This is the definition of Fake News.

What she was saying is that by doing this instills normality for the child in having to give permission to access private areas. She was not saying that a baby should give actual permission. Just that it is a good habit to get into and the child will grow with these habits instilled in their mind.
Ahhhh all cleared up, I suppose if Jimmy S had permission then it would have been fine..... only yanking the chain, as you said fake News wrong end of the stick etc etc.

Reply to I really do despair about the human race. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net