Discuss I Think I May Have Found Free Renewable Energy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Cheers, I think everyone is annoyed with me on this thread because I'm used to getting loads of replies but today I have not.
@ajay123 I haven't read all 102 posts in this thread and I don't have time to at the moment, but it would appear you have asked a question which as been answered several times by some very experienced members but yet you won't except those answers.
It may be an idea to go back and read this thread from the beginning and see if you have missed anything in all the replies, because it seems daft to ask a question and then refuse to except the same answer provided by several qualified and experienced Electricians. I know if in your head you think your'e right then it's hard to admit it may be wrong but that is kind of the point of asking for help in the first place.

EDIT*** Just to add the above comments are not me having a go, the whole idea of the forum is to ask questions and it is also nice to see your level of passion and intrigue for the job and also the subject matter. But having said that sometimes we all have to admit we've missed something or got something not quite right, and as an Electrician once we can accept that and accept help that is what make a Good Electrician an even better one.
Regards GMES.

Last edited:
@ajay123 I haven't read all 102 posts in this thread and I don't have time to at the moment, but it would appear you have asked a question which as been answered several times by some very experienced members but yet you won't except those answers.
It may be an idea to go back and read this thread from the beginning and see if you have missed anything in all the replies, because it seems daft to ask a question and then refuse to except the same answer provided by several qualified and experienced Electricians. I know if in your head you think your'e right then it's hard to admit it may be wrong but that is kind of the point of asking for help in the first place.

EDIT*** Just to add the above comments are not me having a go, the whole idea of the forum is to ask questions and it is also nice to see your level of passion and intrigue for the job and also the subject matter. But having said that sometimes we all have to admit we've missed something or got something not quite right, and as an Electrician once we can accept that and accept help that is what make a Good Electrician an even better one.
Regards GMES.
Thank you for your reply and I have accepted the help for my first two ideas, it's just I can't get my head around this specific idea, just this one, because it seems very different to the rest of them, would you explain why this would not work, I kinder already know that it won't work it's just I don't know why it won't work, I just can't seem to understand that part, because with me I like to see how things work or why is doesn't work, I don't like to see something work or not work and not knowing why. You know what I mean.

this could keep going forever in a loop (perpetual m.. ?) until you read and understand the answers. instead of asking for each specific idea to be disproved, try to understand the physics (that has been explained very well). then when you understand (accept) that it is impossible, you will be able to have fun working out why it doesn't work yourself! for any future ideas. even the top physicists play this game, and sometimes it takes even them a few years!

that wikipedia link is quite good too. though somehow it led to far too many hours last night being lost to entropy and some cat in a box..

goddamn physics..

this could keep going forever in a loop (perpetual m.. ?) until you read and understand the answers. instead of asking for each specific idea to be disproved, try to understand the physics (that has been explained very well). then when you understand (accept) that it is impossible, you will be able to have fun working out why it doesn't work yourself! for any future ideas. even the top physicists play this game, and sometimes it takes even them a few years!
Thank you for your reply, I'm not saying this in a bad why but your not telling how, tell me step by step why this wouldn't work, remember the motor/piston doesn't need to be one all the time, the motor/piston only turns itself on when the pressure inside the tank gets to a certain PSI.

To compress air and store it in a tank uses lots of energy and wastes a lot too . Some of the losses are friction heat noise there are more.
The turbine will have losses too
so for every kw you put in you dont get a kw out in driving force you get a kw out including losses like heat etc.

Have a look on youtube using the law of energy non of the machines actually work most have an air stream blowing then around or hidden batterys/power cords.
I can usually figure them out and even made a copy of one that works and posted it on here. (the small watch batterys are easily hidden)

To compress air and store it in a tank uses lots of energy and wastes a lot too . Some of the losses are friction heat noise there are more.
so for every kw you put in you dont get a kw out in driving force you get a kw out including losses like heat etc.

Have a look on youtube using the law of energy non of the machines actually work most have an air stream blowing then around or hidden batterys/power cords.
I can usually figure them out and even made a copy of one that works and posted it on here. (the small watch batterys are easily hidden)

@ajay123

I think one of your stumbling blocks is you confusion of ratings too, take a 3ph 3kw motor for instance, this is not 3kw of electrical power it draws from the mains, it relates to the available mechanical power at the shaft, this is why it used to be written in horse power and sometimes still is.

A motor gives a mechanical output measured in Kw or HP
A Gen' gives an electrical output measured in Kw or KVA (Where Kw is used then a PF of 0.8 is assumed as this is an unknown quantity as the manufacturer cannot determine the users load).

So when you start looking at your designs you have to decipher and/or convert values to get a true overview, also you have to realise that stored potential energy will be quickly lost when loaded up unless you maintain the full mechanical energy input (in the case of a generator) to get the rated electrical output.

To generate this mechanical movement you can use a variety of methods but unless its free energy source like a waterwheel using a river or wind etc then any other method like compressed air for example will always require more energy to compress the air than the can be extracted from the system to run a generator.

The maths can be very complicated when working power ratio's out in several formats but this is how you determine whether any system efficient, if you try to apply said calculations to any of your theories it will always show you what you are trying to do cannot ever work, you are in a sense trying to visualise an idea without the bother of all the complicated calculations - this is your biggest downfall but even that aside we use a seperate easier to understand response by expressing the issues of losses, inertial energy (stored power) etc.

The only way to do this without calculations is to do visual analogies which I kindly did many posts ago, this will apply to all such overunity systems where as in your recent idea you just need to change the moped for a large pressurised gas tank blowing the car on the flat which is conceivable but the minute you add load to the car IE an incline then the potential energy quickly disappears and the remaining compressed air cannot overcome the added load of the incline - in this case the load is trying to pressurise the gas which in turns pushes the car.... you end up with a graph where the line fall almost vertical of the paper as everything simply stalls.

Thank you for your reply and I 100 percent understand now, it has all come back to me and my mind finally realises where I went wrong, cheers

@ajay123

I think one of your stumbling blocks is you confusion of ratings too, take a 3ph 3kw motor for instance, this is not 3kw of electrical power it draws from the mains, it relates to the available mechanical power at the shaft, this is why it used to be written in horse power and sometimes still is.

A motor gives a mechanical output measured in Kw or HP
A Gen' gives an electrical output measured in Kw or KVA (Where Kw is used then a PF of 0.8 is assumed as this is an unknown quantity as the manufacturer cannot determine the users load).

So when you start looking at your designs you have to decipher and/or convert values to get a true overview, also you have to realise that stored potential energy will be quickly lost when loaded up unless you maintain the full mechanical energy input (in the case of a generator) to get the rated electrical output.

To generate this mechanical movement you can use a variety of methods but unless its free energy source like a waterwheel using a river or wind etc then any other method like compressed air for example will always require more energy to compress the air than the can be extracted from the system to run a generator.

The maths can be very complicated when working power ratio's out in several formats but this is how you determine whether any system efficient, if you try to apply said calculations to any of your theories it will always show you what you are trying to do cannot ever work, you are in a sense trying to visualise an idea without the bother of all the complicated calculations - this is your biggest downfall but even that aside we use a seperate easier to understand response by expressing the issues of losses, inertial energy (stored power) etc.

The only way to do this without calculations is to do visual analogies which I kindly did many posts ago, this will apply to all such overunity systems where as in your recent idea you just need to change the moped for a large pressurised gas tank blowing the car on the flat which is conceivable but the minute you add load to the car IE an incline then the potential energy quickly disappears and the remaining compressed air cannot overcome the added load of the incline - in this case the load is trying to pressurise the gas which in turns pushes the car.... you end up with a graph where the line fall almost vertical of the paper as everything simply stalls.
I finally realise where I went wrong and now that was my last idea, I have no more ideas left for me to carry on, so thank you for helping me understand everything, I really appreciate it.

I finally realise where I went wrong and now that was my last idea, I have no more ideas left for me to carry on, so thank you for helping me understand everything, I really appreciate it.

Dont lose your drive whilst perpetual motion cannot be done the theory and practice you use has lead to many inventions of the laws of physics.
Most of our brilliant engineers of the past have tried it. Look up Robert Boyles flask ! These machines get you thinking. I remember trying to make my first perpetual motion machine with a mecanno set when I was around 10 years old. Of course it didnt work (well it did but the oil companies kidnapped me etc )

Dont lose your drive whilst perpetual motion cannot be done the theory and practice you use has lead to many inventions of the laws of physics.
Most of our brilliant engineers of the past have tried it. Look up Robert Boyles flask ! These machines get you thinking. I remember trying to make my first perpetual motion machine with a mecanno set when I was around 10 years old. Of course it didnt work (well it did but the oil companies kidnapped me etc )
Cheers for the support.

perpetual motion does exist. it's otherwise known as my lady's gob.

Reply to I Think I May Have Found Free Renewable Energy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock