Discuss I would like to introduce myself in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am an electrician of some 30 years in the industry, and would like to introduce a new product that I have recently brought to market.
Invented and developed over the last couple of years, I wish to gather the thoughts and opinions. Both good and bad of the electrical installations community

Mr Spoon I do hope you have patented that idea it would be a winner
No my invention is a mounting spacer for cable tray when fixing to walls or floors, please check the website traysimple.co.uk

For detailed information

Last edited by a moderator:
upload_2018-4-10_15-34-22.png

Our software doesn't like your site.

Stranger danger! Stranger danger!
I do like the user name though - you could patent that. Karpettit - genius!

Sorry I might need to provide a little more information
I have invented a Spacing Bracket that replaces the usual stand off bracket or metal channel when fixing cable trays to walls or floors it is designed to fit all brands of light and medium duty cable tray. The product is called Traysimple and is new to the market. I am interested to find out what people in the trade think of its potential. Speed and ease of installation is its USP

Just looked at the site. It looks ok.
We usually just use channel if we need to space cable tray.
What advantages does this spacer have over this?
What tests have you done on it?
Why is it not suitable for heavy duty cable tray?

Mr Spoon
Advantage over channel is speed of installation no cutting or filing, measuring or marking of the channel positions, the spacer clips into the tray holding it in place wile you drill and fix into position, singularly to match 41 x 21 channel or double stacked to match 41 x 41 channel. The video is in real time 1 length of tray on the wall in under 4 minutes, I had to be methodical as only had a couple of shots to get the video right
Testing is difficult as it is purely a spacing device, consideration has to be given to the construction of the wall you are mounting to and the fixings utilised, which would be the same as if you are using channel, however on number 10 screws
I designed for light and medium duty tray as these are more often used,
I am hoping that people will spread the word and give it a go. I know it won't be used in every application but an ideal product to have a box of in the van

Reply to I would like to introduce myself in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net