Discuss Ideally I need some 2G white surface boxes in PVC with 20mm knockouts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

OK.

Ideally I need some 2G white surface boxes in PVC with 20mm knockouts on both sides .......

Centaur do some with a 20mm knock out on 1 side
Other manufacturers seem to do them on the top and / or bottom

Any suggestions chaps & chapesses

Thanks

Hole saw is pretty poor for pvc boxes, it snatches and tends to melt the pvc leaving a hole that needs reaming, stepping drill is perfect. Leaves a lovely chamfer around the hole as well.

Ignoring the obvious damage and the cable "run", why put a socket above a door?

It was in a commercial property. I rewired the place for the landlord, then the tenant got the keys and got their own person in to butcher the place! The landlord caught the idiot hammering holes in the fire and acoustic double boarded ceiling and kicked them out! The amount of carp I had to rectify was fun..

Oh, and I don't know what purpose that particular socket serves! But I do know the cable is now not diagonal!

Hole saw is pretty poor for pvc boxes, it snatches and tends to melt the pvc leaving a hole that needs reaming, stepping drill is perfect. Leaves a lovely chamfer around the hole as well.

Don't use conduit boxes often TBH. I found a holesaw was ok - different plastic perhaps. Some of the holes needed a little trim of the swarf (if that's the right term) with a Stanley, but overall I found it ok.

Cone/step drill I will try next time though.

Step drill??
Be kind I’ve led a sheltered life:)
a cone cutter, but stepped at various diameters.
shopping

Oh right yeah I’ve a cone cutter.
I use it to make say 20mm holes a bit larger say to 25mm etc

Step drill! God you oldies crack me up:D
I have cone cutters and step also. If I want a 20mm hole though I'd use a 20mm holesaw - don't see the point of stepping up to 20mm.

saves having to clean the partly melted plastic out of your hole saw.

Reply to Ideally I need some 2G white surface boxes in PVC with 20mm knockouts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Most of the work I do is additions and alterations in domestic properties, and other than swapping accessories and lights in new-builds for...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have to fit an MK 3 way grid surface mount box below 3" metal trunking and require the use of all three knockouts on the top of the MK...
Replies
Views
My Current Setup (see image BEFORE.jpg): The wiring for my existing detached garage is shown (see image BEFORE.jpg). The house consumer unit...
Replies
Views
Background I'm running some low voltage cable (e.g. CAT6A data cable; coax cable; HDMI cable and speaker cable) to a number of rooms of the house...
Replies
Views
I have a fairly typical setup of the light on my landing being able to be controlled by both a switch on the landing and a switch at the bottom of...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock